AWS 49

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

joey_picus

Re: AWS 49

Post by joey_picus »

Shakey wrote:The only problem I really see is that it's quite far north for an ant event and it may be difficult for a lot of people to get there. I know it's about 4 hours from me so I probably wouldn't be able to get there.
I don't see any problem at all...;)

EDIT: (although seriously, when I hosted it in Pontefract there was still a really good turnout, I think wherever you host the AWS people will find a way to get there. And it would be nice to have a journey that's less than four hours for once!)

EDIT II: I've done some working out (insomnia's a wonderful thing) and there's only been three World Series north of Birmingham out of the 20 since I've started, none of which could really be said to have suffered greatly for their location (in fact the amount of people who came to Pontefract was frightening). I do love going down to Reading and Brighton, but I think we're due another one, and I'm all in favour of Liverpool :)
Last edited by joey_picus on Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
Nixon

Post by Nixon »

It's the reason I'm not at many events, bit of a pain for me to get down South. Would be nice to see more AWS events in midlands or up North.
playzooki

Post by playzooki »

Nixon wrote:It's the reason I'm not at many events, bit of a pain for me to get down South. Would be nice to see more AWS events in midlands or up North.
Agreed, the only antweight events i have managed to get to are ant freeze and aws45, and both were about the limit of where i can get to.
limpet

Post by limpet »

We will go if the date is ok.
–-----------------------------

For AntFreeze
https://www.facebook.com/AntFreeze/

For my robots etc.
https://www.facebook.com/13Robotics
Ants, Fleas, Beetles, Feathers & Heavies
Nixon

Post by Nixon »

I'd be looking to run it on either Saturday the 5th or 19th March, depending on whens better for everyone.
AntRoboteer

Post by AntRoboteer »

May be a bit too far for us unfortuantely but will look into it.
Occashokka

Post by Occashokka »

I can only come to one of antfreeze or the next AWS and if it's in Liverpool my mum would say antfreeze because it would be too far to Liverpool so I have very few days to decide, how likely is it to be in Liverpool???
Team Badger
Has a 3d printer now yay
-£4.82+VAT (intact)
-cool modulated printed thingy
-not yet built nasty mean spinnt thingy

I'm gonna build something huge and stupid, try and stop me :P
Nixon

Post by Nixon »

Occashokka wrote:I can only come to one of antfreeze or the next AWS and if it's in Liverpool my mum would say antfreeze because it would be too far to Liverpool so I have very few days to decide, how likely is it to be in Liverpool???
Not quite sure it'll be in Liverpool yet, depends on how many people can make it up here. Especially someone with an arena as I'm yet to build one.
TeamCrash

Post by TeamCrash »

For people like me and some other good folks in the Midlands, it's very hard to get to Reading. I was lucky to get to AWS 46. I vote for a up-north event for a change!
Team Crash- Robots:
Crash (Antweight)
RDR (Antweight)
The Not So Grim Reaper (Fleaweight, retired during construction)
Crash XL (Beetleweight, construction phase)
AntRoboteer

Post by AntRoboteer »

I didn't see much wrong with somewhere like Coventry. AWS 45 had pretty good turnout so perhaps somewhere in the Birmingham/Coventry sort of region would be a good compromise?