Epic Robotics

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

EpicentrE

Re: Epic Robotics

Post by EpicentrE »

The batteries were these: http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__ ... ouse_.html

Way overpowered for what EmberStorm needs, but I needed the weight so I put in as big batteries as would fit.

If I can get it down to 75g - and your Chaos 2 toy ends up weighing 75g or less - we could look at doing a RW toy cluster, if you want?
Scott Fyfe-Jamieson, Captain of Epic Robotics. Champion of AWS38/41/42.
http://www.epicrobotics.co.uk
suvv

Post by suvv »

i shall keep working on it i got 2mm polycarb to mate a better base and am taking mesurments of things to make sure it will fit in
how hard can it be???
Robots: Optimistic chances of self decimation (ant), Super generic box ant that everyone builds yehhh (ant)
EpicentrE

Post by EpicentrE »

After much prevaricating, I've finally gotten round to calibrating my printer properly. I've spent the best part of yesterday and today re-loading the firmware, testing everything, setting up all the variables, etc. and have finally gotten the prints to a point where I'm happy with them. Everything is printing at pretty close to the right size now; D-holes work without cleaning and other holes are close enough in diameter that I only need to run a drill bit through them to get rid of any stray plastic and they're usable.

I have a huge pile of failed parts and test prints sitting next to me, but this is the first thing that is printed at a quality that I am happy with:

It's one of the track pods for a new version of Entropy (which isn't quite as slanty as last time I'm afraid; keeping it simple just to get a spinner up and running again). It's based off of Tamiya tracks, but I've printed a new sprocket and hub. Everything fits together very nicely and it runs very smoothly!

Also, if anyone else has overwritten their Prusa's firmware with the default Marlin firmware, do you know how to get the bed levelling function back? I can't see any mention of it anywhere and my Googles have proved fruitless.
Shakey

Post by Shakey »

Looking pretty good! Is that in PLA?

Also I didn't think hephestos's had bed levelling?
Nuts And Bots - For all your components and ready built antweights!

Alex Shakespeare - Team Shakey / Nuts And Bots / Team Nuts:
AWS 44, 45, 49, 51 & 55 Winner - Far too many robots!
EpicentrE

Post by EpicentrE »

Thanks! Yes, it is just PLA for now. Will get round to sorting out a heated bed at some point but have other things on the go at the moment. Really want to just get some robots up and running, even if they're not made of what they probably should be :P.

I don't mean auto bed-levelling; I just mean the function whereby it moves to one corner, lets you adjust the height, waits for a button press, moves to the next corner, etc. It was in one of the on-screen menus of my previous firmware (which I assume was a specific Hephestos one), but can't find it anywhere in the Marlin firmware.
Shakey

Post by Shakey »

Ah, I clearly never discovered that! I ran stock firmware for only a few weeks before changing it to include some of the safety settings it lacked before. I instead use a print that is 4 1mmx1mm dots in each corner of the bed and let the printer do a rim around them. Looking at the rim shows the levelling on the bed. Only takes about a minute.
Nuts And Bots - For all your components and ready built antweights!

Alex Shakespeare - Team Shakey / Nuts And Bots / Team Nuts:
AWS 44, 45, 49, 51 & 55 Winner - Far too many robots!
EpicentrE

Post by EpicentrE »

Hey all,

Just to let you know I'm taking a break from robotics for a bit. I haven't had any motivation to do much robot stuff at all for over a year now, and I figure it's better just to take a break than to risk burning out entirely. I'm sure I'll be back in the future.

Best of luck to all of you in competitions while I'm gone :)
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

That's a shame we will miss you but only you can tell how much you are enjoying it.
I will look forward to your possible return some time in the future (if I am still around :-? ) and good luck with whatever else you do.
earthwormjim

Post by earthwormjim »

Sorry to hear that Scott. Wishing you all the best. I look forward to catching up with you soon.
Hogi

Post by Hogi »

:( sorry to here your off for a bit Scott. we'll miss you dude. :(
Daniel Jackson.

Team Hectic.

Many antweights

Super antweights: territorial.

Fleaweights: fleadom fighter, gaztons.

Featherweights: hectic (under construction)