Peter Wallers Fleas

All things small and scratchy.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

peterwaller

Peter Wallers Fleas

Post by peterwaller »

Just realised I never set up a thread for my fleas.
Recently I was having a discussion with Alex and Rory as to why an Ant I think it was Rory's had a much faster flip than my flea Fleapit even though it used the same servo running from the two cell pack directly.
The conclusion was that they were using a switch while I was using the throttle stick.
Now I had intended to use the switch and had bound it to the transmitter I had modified for use with Militant my elastic flipper but for some reason the switch didn't work on the flea and I never got round to finding out why.
It turns out the mod I did on the transmitter was to fit a switch wired to the throttle cut button and all I needed to do was turn on throttle cut for fleapit.
The effect was quite marked so much so that the robot would flip itself onto its rear if I flipped it with no robot on the scoop.
A slight change of linkage has now cured this and it is now a much better flipper.
Rapidrory

Re: Peter Wallers Fleas

Post by Rapidrory »

Glad to hear it :) Yeah, I find that having the switch makes it so much easier to time flips correctly. I feel I may have rather shot myself in the foot here as Fleapit was already one of my main fleaweight advisories :roll:
Rory Mangles - Team Nuts

Robots: Nuts 2 and many more...

NanoTwo Motor Controllers: https://nutsandbots.co.uk/product/nanotwodualesc
Shakey

Post by Shakey »

Carbon was the ant running the identical setup. :) Sounds like the switch has certainly made it a much more fearsome robot to face! Without a switch I just wasn't able to move the stick fast enough to keep up with that servo though mainly it's because I'm silly and would probably accidentally leave the servo halfway up without my throttle hold/cut setup.
Nuts And Bots - For all your components and ready built antweights!

Alex Shakespeare - Team Shakey / Nuts And Bots / Team Nuts:
AWS 44, 45, 49, 51 & 55 Winner - Far too many robots!
Hogi

Post by Hogi »

my flea can run inverted and self right so i'll be ok unless you have enough power to clear the walls on the dropoff sides. :)
Daniel Jackson.

Team Hectic.

Many antweights

Super antweights: territorial.

Fleaweights: fleadom fighter, gaztons.

Featherweights: hectic (under construction)
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

I have just been working on Deflea and have decided to dispense with the titanium armour as it always seems to get ripped off and as can be seen from the video once that was removed the printed chassis although shedding odd bits seem to stand up much better to Ickle.
Fleabites spinner stopped again but this time because one of the 3 motor wires was removed.
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

I was going to say Peter, it almost worked better with flat ramming sides than wedges.
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

My thoughts precisely.
Last edited by peterwaller on Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

Much better :)
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

I have been going to upgrade Fleabite for some time but not got round to it but thanks to Dave I think it was chopping off one of the wires from the brushless now seems a good time.
I have been wanting to change it to the configuration used in Anticyclone with the spinner inline with the drive axel but it is difficult to get two motor gearboxes and the spinner in 75mm.
I think I have found the answer by adding a rightangle gear arrangement.
I will let you know if it works out
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

My bad :)