team hectic

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

razerdave

Re: team hectic

Post by razerdave »

Crusher blade: I would say 1mm titanium.

Walkers: You can use servos that do a full 360 degree turn, but they have to operate legs in a way so they don't do a 360 turn like a wheel. Someone else can probably explain better

Guildford: I'll have to load someone my arena again, I am not able to go to Guildford (Download that day)
Hogi

Post by Hogi »

it's sad that you wont be able to make it to Guildford. I might ask my cousin to bring his arena although the pit and flipper have to be opened manually and it doesn't have a polycarbonate cage so no spinners allowed. eventually I want to make my own AWS style arena so I can host small competitions of my own. I suppose i'll have to wait until AWS 41 to show you my new ant robot thunder.
Daniel Jackson.

Team Hectic.

Many antweights

Super antweights: territorial.

Fleaweights: fleadom fighter, gaztons.

Featherweights: hectic (under construction)
Hogi

Post by Hogi »

my birthday is coming up and I'm thinking of building an ant weight shufflebot if I get enough birthday money from family members. can the legs on a shufflebots be constantly rotating all the way round or is it limited to 180 degrees like with walkers? I was thinking of using servo horns as rotating legs driven by modified servos. this way I could add a V-tail mixer so I could add a weapon controlled by the other stick. would I get the additional weight that walkers and shufflebots are given?
Daniel Jackson.

Team Hectic.

Many antweights

BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

From rule 1:
Roller - A robot whose final drive output rotates through more than 180 degrees (e.g. wheels)
Walker - A robot whose final drive output rotates through less than 180 degrees (e.g. legs)
Shufflebot - A robot that rests on part of its body during the recovery phase of its leg movement.
A shufflebot is a form of walker, so the final drive must rotate through less than 180 degrees.

Anything with continuously rotating final drive is a roller, regardless of the shape of the "wheels"

Your proposed design must meet the 150g weight limit.
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
Hogi

Post by Hogi »

HNI_0041_MPO.JPG
HNI_0041_MPO.JPG (74.16 KiB) Viewed 9757 times
here are a couple of pics of my latest project transit ant.
Attachments
HNI_0042_MPO.JPG
HNI_0042_MPO.JPG (102.62 KiB) Viewed 9757 times
Daniel Jackson.

Team Hectic.

Many antweights

Hogi

Post by Hogi »

hi all. here is my first independent robot project all finished. i was trying to make a walker using 2 old modified servos, a planet 5 reciever and a 6 volt battery pack but the mechanisms i had built for the walking basicly broke loose of the tight fitting screws that were making them step rather than spin. they then flailed around for a few seconds before both the mechanisms expelled the hdpe legs i had cut across my bedroom. after the walking disaster... or rather the disaster that refused to step let alone walk i dug out the 2WD roller exterior i made a couple of months back and this is the result.
Attachments
this is it, partly dissassembled. it weighs just 97 grams and subsequently very speedy indeed. it'll be  competing as the main part of a three botlet clusterbot called ¨ language timmothy¨ the other two parts will be a hexbug inchworm. should all fit very comfortably into the weight and size limits. may even be able to make it a 4 botlet cluster with the remaining 22 grams.
this is it, partly dissassembled. it weighs just 97 grams and subsequently very speedy indeed. it'll be competing as the main part of a three botlet clusterbot called ¨ language timmothy¨ the other two parts will be a hexbug inchworm. should all fit very comfortably into the weight and size limits. may even be able to make it a 4 botlet cluster with the remaining 22 grams.
HNI_0051_MPO.JPG (103.24 KiB) Viewed 7150 times
Daniel Jackson.

Team Hectic.

Many antweights

Hogi

Post by Hogi »

hey guys, just planning some pre AWS upgrades and finishing touches to a few of my robots. i just wanted to know if my proposed designs for upgrades would come within the expansion rule.

thunder strike:

for this robot i intend to put a longer piece of acetate on the front of it that extends beyond 4 inches ( probably 5 inches ) but have the acetate held back by the crusher to fit in the cube. the acetate would deploy to full extention when the crusher is lifted.

transit ant:

i would like to make some sort of deployable ramp thing that begins tucked underneath the robot and deploys when the robot reverses. the purpose of this is for it to dramaticly decrease ground clearence allowing it to slot under opposition and gain control of the battle.
Daniel Jackson.

Team Hectic.

Many antweights

Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

Both are fine as long as they can remain in place before activate.
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
Hogi

Post by Hogi »

so here's team hectic's completed line up for the forthcoming AWS...

Hogi: the original and so far the best, from an exterior view it looks pretty unchanged but inside it has been outfitted with strategically placed weights ( coins ) the result is a perfect combination between speed, power, agility and grip.

Ant2D2: changes to this robot include slightly lower ground clearence, removal of the big heavy servo casing and a few grams of weight shedded off.

Thunder strike: this robot has been unsuccessful over the last couple of events due to poor grip on the arena floor, well no longer. the problem is fixed and i'm hoping it'll provide a good display.

Language timmothy cluster: for those of you who have never watched it, the name language timmothy comes from an eighties sitcom called sorry. the cluster consists of transit ant who is a very fast, powerful but light pusher and a hexbug which will... walk around a bit... fall over... my only fear is that transit ant may be a little difficult to maneuver at full speed in the big arena. transit ant underwent a partial rebuild after a successful but somewhat disapointing performance against my cousin's robots. it was given a smaller chasis and the wheels have been weighted to produce better grip. the scoop was made less steep.

Fleadom fighter: the newest member of the team and team hectic's first fleaweight robot. armoured in 1mm HDPE with a frontal ramp dipped to stop opponents from escaping, this robot beat two antweights in a testing/practise fight. unlike it's antweight counterparts, fleadom fighter has the ability to self right by driving at full speed into the arena wall. it weighs only 66 grams.
Attachments
HNI_0093_MPO.JPG
HNI_0093_MPO.JPG (87.07 KiB) Viewed 7060 times
Daniel Jackson.

Team Hectic.

Many antweights

AntRoboteer

Post by AntRoboteer »

Sounds like an awesome team! Still loving all of your robots! Good luck at the AWS - I'm sure you will go very far indeed.