AWS 41 - Caerphilly 27th July 2013

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

earthwormjim

Re: AWS 41 - Caerphilly 27th July 2013

Post by earthwormjim »

Well done Scott.
Well done Rhys.
Well done everybody! Sounds like it was a great success. I look forward to some pics and videos.
Make it so. :)
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

Another great event even if my ants had relaiablity problems and didn't perform. I know there were a few less ants but the event seemed to flow very efficiently through out the day. Thanks to Rhys for the organisation and all those who helped and thanks to Gary the new version of Antlog doing the draw and displaying the next few fights help a lot.
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

A very relaxed event, and a whole lot of fun. We had a thoroughly good time and found everyone to be in particularly high spirits. John Jr. drove like an absolute pro, and the final final with Void will go down as one of our best ever; seriously, you could hear a pin drop for 2 and a half minutes as everyone in the room held their breath!
Congrats to Scott, new Void was a beast, and to John and Andrew W for the top three. I was entirely happy coming fourth too.
Thanks to Rhys for all the organising and set up, it all ran amazingly smoothly, and he still managed to perform relatively well in the main comp too which is pretty unheard of!
We may not be at the next one due to a small wedding we have planned but will try and make it if it falls correctly. If not, see you all in Reading next year!
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

Hey guys

Thank you to Rhys for putting on such a smoothly run event, the big screen with the fights on, very good idea :)

Well done to Scott and Pete for winning the AWS and FWS (I'll get you next time waller ;)), and to all the award winners, especially John Denny Jnr, who's made remarkable progress with his driving since joining our ranks :)

I managed to avoid any damage at all this weekend bar a small solder break in Divinity. I think this may be the end of the road for the current versions of Stewie and Baby Hell, and Good And Evil will become a cluster in its own right rather than my 2 fleas, they're just not up to the task.

I can't wait to see the footage from the Annihilator :)

See you guys next event :)
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

No damage Dave you obviously weren't trying hard enough.
Variant seems to have a dead orange 4ch receiver without actually getting in to the arena.
Defiant needs a new chassis and the receiver controller seems to be deceased.
Combatant once I resoldered the severed wires seems to run OK but the spinner still seems to keep stopping as it did in the fights.
Even Deflea needs new batteries as due to a slight senior moment I left it turned on and the two cell pack is down to 1.16 volts.
At least it will make sure I dont get bored for the next week or two and I still had a great time.
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

Not trying hard enough ? I call it good driving and tough armour :)
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

Here's the annihilator, Thanks John :) :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upCE8ROJDeE
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

I ment not trying hard enough to get damage or is that where I am going wrong. :roll:
EpicentrE

Post by EpicentrE »

Thanks to everyone for a great day yesterday, especially Rhys and the others who made everything run so smoothly. The Antlog system seemed to work exceptionally well, and it definitely seems like it will make running events smoother and easier.

Congratulations to Peter for winning the fleas, and congratulations to all the runners up in the competitions as well. I echo the sentiments that John's driving was superb yesterday, so that was a well deserved award.

I'm still somewhat surprised with Void's performance. I think I was a bit fortunate with how the brackets played out; if I'd had to fight any of the really fast manouverable robots, I think they would've easily managed to get around my slow speed and gain the advantage. That said, I'm exceptionally happy with how well the shape worked and the power of the flipper, so thankyou for all the congratulations.

Next time Void should have a better drive system, and I'm intending to have a brand new spinner, the likes of which has never been seen before. Do we know when and where the next one is going to be held?

Thanks again to everyone!
Scott Fyfe-Jamieson, Captain of Epic Robotics. Champion of AWS38/41/42.
http://www.epicrobotics.co.uk
Craig_Anto3

Post by Craig_Anto3 »

Bristol early November