Hobyking spectrum compatible RX's

Places to spend cash or learn things!

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Jonny

Post by Jonny »

jim, i have one of your v tail mixers i'm not using if you want it back.
earthwormjim

Post by earthwormjim »

Jonny wrote:jim, i have one of your v tail mixers i'm not using if you want it back.
Cheers Jonny,but I am fine.
The one I bought on ebay arrived thismorning.
Thanks for the offer though. :)
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

I have received my E-flite transmitter and I must say for ?10 I am impressed. OK the sticks are plastic but they are smooth and seem to centre nicely. They are definitley marked up DSM2 compatible which is not too suprising when you see some of the mouldings and the approval label are marked up Horizon Hobbey Inc who are the people who make Spektrum. Inside virtually every thing is mounted on the main pcb including the sticks and only the RF board to the arial is seperate. It all looks nicely made and the trims are by means of eight pushbuttons. The case has a blanked off MODE 1 / 2 switch which is in fact included on the board but I havent had a look at that or if it is possible change the springing on the sticks. There is no ratchet on the throttle stick so it is easier to move than normal but it does seem to stay where you put it.
Here is what it looks like with the back off:
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n66/ ... MG1241.jpg
Here is the board removed:
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n66/ ... MG1240.jpg
Ok there is no mixing but one of these and the HK receivers can give you the basic radio for under ?20.
terminaldamage

Post by terminaldamage »

Thanks for that Pete, very helpful and informative as usual. When I actually sat back and thought about this, it properly struck me just what you can get for your money radio-wise nowadays, especially with 2.4GHz. Without wanting to make myself sound too old, when I started out (circa 2002/2003), the 2-channel Futaba Attack system was ?40-?50, the Skysport 4 was ?100 and the Skysport 6 ?120. I took the plunge with a Skysport 6, which was a lot of money for me back then (can't even remember how I saved up that much!) and I could only dream of getting a 4ch radio system for ?20 all in.

Admittedly with 2.4GHz you get what you pay for, and so far I've bought:

Radio Link tx/rx: ?30
Replacement rx: ?10 (plus another one now needed)
Corona DIY module: ?20
Replacement receiver: ?10

So that's ?70 on 2.4GHz stuff and I don't even have a working set right now (broke my Corona co-ax connection) and for that price I could've had a DX5e that would most likely still be going. But with sets at this price, it's hard to resist, especially with the now mandatory 2.4GHz ruling for FWs. Okay so it doesn't have mixing, but neither did my super-duper fancy-pants Skysport 6 at the time.

I think I've lost track of the moral of the story so I'll just shoosh and go get myself a ?20 tx/rx combo :)
Jamie McHarg
RogueTwo Robots
www.rogue-two-robots.vze.com

With great power, comes great reliability.
Team Orr

Post by Team Orr »

I just bought one of those for ?11 with free p&p so im happy :-) can anybody recamend a cheap compatible rx? also i assume the transmitter is 3 channel? it didnt say anything in the description)

even if it isnt il find a use for it, thanks for the find jim :-)
"if it wasn't for Edison we'd be watching TV by candlelight"
Jack Orr
Team Orr Robotics
terminaldamage

Post by terminaldamage »

As far as I'm aware, it's a 4-channel transmitter. And it supposedly works with DSM2 compatible receivers, so take your pick :)
http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trks ... Categories
Jamie McHarg
RogueTwo Robots
www.rogue-two-robots.vze.com

With great power, comes great reliability.
Team Orr

Post by Team Orr »

"if it wasn't for Edison we'd be watching TV by candlelight"
Jack Orr
Team Orr Robotics
earthwormjim

Post by earthwormjim »

4CH.
Either of those should be fine,I know the second one has been used before,so will definately work. :)

FYI...
Channel reversing instructions are...
Push down on the appropriate digital trim button on the transmitter and hold while powering on the transmitter.
Top elevator trim button - elevator channel normal
Botton elevator trim channel - elevator channel reversed
Left aileron trim button - aileron channel normal
Right aileron trim button - aileron channel reversed

Also hold in the Right stick in,while the power is on,to initiate the dual rate function,the power led will blink to show that the dual rate function is active.
:)
Flippt

Post by Flippt »

earthwormjim wrote:dual rate function
Since I've been out of robotics for a while, I don't really recognize this "dual rate function". Tried a quick search and what I can see is that you get more out of a servos movement? Please update me if I'm wrong.
Swedish style!
Fight Robots, Not Humans!
Jonny

Post by Jonny »

i've used bothof those receivers, the 2nd one is lighter and smaller