Brighton Modelworld 2010 - 12-14 February

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

petec

Post by petec »

I think exhibitors are allowed in from 8.00, but by Sunday morning we're likely to be in sometime after 9.00. What time are you planning to be there Simon?
------------
RobotWars101.org
RobotWars101.co.uk
Antweights.com
Antweights.co.uk
AntweightWorldSeries.com
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

Should be there between 9:00 and 9:30 depending on the buses (Sunday service & all that).

There seems to have been something of a cock-up with passes, so go to the info desk and ask for passes. If they say you should already have them just explain that you are only down for one day and the instructions we received were to pick them up from the desk. A case of Mr Right Hand not talking to Mr Left Hand methinks... Everyone's names are on the list held at the info desk so they can't really argue. We are now stand 179, but all the paperwork says 79...
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

I'll aim to be there at 9:30 then.

Simon
joey_picus

Post by joey_picus »

Hope everyone has fun down there :) can't come due to attending RR in Barnsley but here's hoping we get some converts.
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

Thanks to Pete, Peter, Simon and Nathan, and of course James, Bethany and Paula and our exhibition neighbours :wink: Oliver & Helen.

It was nice to see some old and new faces amongst the visitors. We also had some serious enquiries, so here's hoping to see a few more new faces at future events.

Next year's event is 18-20 February. I will book us a stand as soon as I get the invite.
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

Thanks Gary, a perfect day out.

Simon
olivers

Post by olivers »

Had a really good time (as always), very tired at the end (as always).

Was amazed how well the demo bots and robots held up. Shadow was very good any only needed a bit of downtime. My demobot lasted most of the weekend, only needing a few repairs mainly down to a hastily soldered voltage regulator. Also managed to push other ants around quite happily.

Only made 1/2 child cry with R2, James and Bethany had more success.

Don't think Helen will come next year, too many weirdos for her. I did tell her not to speak with strangers :)

Thanks to Gary for organising it, R2 is sort of a helper...
petec

Post by petec »

A good time was had by all - even if 5.30 on Sunday seems to come around very slowly.

Pants ran most of the weekend - in the end it was the Tx batteries giving up that stopped it. Never mind - I'll build a second one for next time.

Thanks Gary, as always, for doing the organising.
------------
RobotWars101.org
RobotWars101.co.uk
Antweights.com
Antweights.co.uk
AntweightWorldSeries.com
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

Yes I would also like to thank Gary and family for organising it and PeteC and Oliver for many long hours on the stand.
I was only there on the Saturday and that was not stop all day and I was tired out by the time I got home.
Thanks also to Simon and Nathan who did the Sunday and anyone else who helped out.
At the very least a lot of new people now know about Antweights lets hope some are inspired to take it up as a hobby.
James

Post by James »

it was a good weekend, seemed to be lots of interest in the ants :)
had lots of fun scaring children with R2-D2

I was quite suprised that Antipathy survived all weekend as i wasn't sure it would. spinner demo's seemed to go down well with the visitors

some pics of the damage it did to a lilt can and damage bot
http://i672.photobucket.com/albums/vv87 ... to0034.jpg
http://i672.photobucket.com/albums/vv87 ... to0036.jpg
http://i672.photobucket.com/albums/vv87 ... to0049.jpg
http://i672.photobucket.com/albums/vv87 ... to0054.jpg

First time i've managed to loose a tooth on one of the motors in antlifter :(, but not really suprising after nearly 2 days of solid use