AWS 26, Brighton 21 June 2008

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

olivers

Post by olivers »

I have 3 questions:

Does pants still have a boa and glitter?

Will Betthany be driving?

Whose arena are we using?

Do you want me to bring mine.

(well 3 1/2 questions)
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

olivers wrote:I have 3 questions:

Does pants still have a boa and glitter?

Will Betthany be driving?

Whose arena are we using?

Do you want me to bring mine.

(well 3 1/2 questions)
1. That's up to Pete (and maybe Megan...)

2. Pete will be driving Pants, but watch the entries list...

3. I have asked PeteC as I fear my enclosure is not up to it.

3.5. Yes, I like your arena and it hasn't been out for a while, so yeah bring it along.
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
josh

Post by josh »

got a huge box of general antweight bits that i need to sell so will bring with me n put on a table if thats ok and then if u see sumin you want ask me n ill arrange a price lol most of it is offcuts of material old wheels and chassis so will only be like 50p n stuff just need more money to go towards bike and every little helps =] also have futaba 4yf i will bring if anyone wants to buy that =]

thanx
josh
RPD International
www.RPDintl.com
Flippt

Post by Flippt »

josh wrote:got a huge box of general antweight bits that i need to sell so will bring with me n put on a table if thats ok and then if u see sumin you want ask me n ill arrange a price lol most of it is offcuts of material old wheels and chassis so will only be like 50p n stuff just need more money to go towards bike and every little helps =] also have futaba 4yf i will bring if anyone wants to buy that =]

thanx
josh
Good god josh, even I who have been chatting with you over msn is having problem understanding what you are trying to say.
Nah, no worries :P

Will there be servos and motors?
Swedish style!
Fight Robots, Not Humans!
josh

Post by josh »

XD yeh there are a few servos in there i think and a load of motors as well
RPD International
www.RPDintl.com
Flippt

Post by Flippt »

Gary, how about you contact the local newpaper and see if they are intrested to make an article about the event?
Swedish style!
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

Josh, NP bring it all along. (See below)
Joacim, good idea I will send them an email. Even if they don't turn up I will send them an article - you never know...

And now...

Team BeligerAnt proudly present...

The first ever Ant-Market (I was going to call it a flea-market but you might have got the wrong weight class!)

The rules are simple: Bring along your antweight junk, label it with your name and preferably a price, put it on the Ant-Market table. If you see something you want, talk to the person who's selling it. You are responsible for everything you buy, sell or trade, it's nothing to do with me.
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
Team Orr

Post by Team Orr »

btw i will be runnng valliant as a pusher for this event ( for weight, time, cash reasons ) but still expect me to give it a go!!!
"if it wasn't for Edison we'd be watching TV by candlelight"
Jack Orr
Team Orr Robotics
Flippt

Post by Flippt »

Pete C, do you want me, or Pete W, to bring along our compact cameras for an alternativ view for the DVD? I know mine produces .avi files, but Pete Ws has h.264 video, which will give you higher quality video for the same file size, but I donno if you can use .mov files into the program you are using (Which one ever you use). If yes, I will bring along a Gorillapod (Same as tripod, but with flexible legs).
Swedish style!
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

Since there are still some notable absentees from the registration list :oops: I have decided to keep registration open until the end of Thursday 19 June. That still gives me all of Friday to sort everything out - lucky I have the day off of work!

If you haven't entered yet, please do so soon. The entries list is looking a bit sparse. :(

And don't forget - there will be Team BeligerAnt sausage sarnies all round!
Gary, Team BeligerAnt