Leicester Space centre - Robots Live - May 17th & 18th

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

As far as I can work out the following has happend.
I agreed to bring my arena along as part of the robotslive display.
When the people organising the micro mouse were in discusions about what they would display they told the organisers they would try and get me to give an ant display as I had at last years micromouse contest. When I agreed to bring my micromouse I mentioned I was already going with the ants and this was taken as being part of the micromouse display although I did not know this until this evening. Hence I seem to be organising the ant display in the micromouse area but presumably still using the ants entered with robots live and using their frequency control to avoid clashes. I love it when a plan comes together.
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

Glad you understand it all Pete :P

I was under the impression Robot's Live would have us up on the screen, but if we are elsewhere in the hall, is Marco going to be able to film us ?
robotslive

Post by robotslive »

Dave,

The space centre seem to want the ants in another room at the side, so ants might not be on a screen after all.
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

Dave at robotslive is it just razordave and I again this weekend or have any other ants signed up and do you know what time we should be there to set up.
robotslive

Post by robotslive »

Pete,

Theres a couple of other ants coming as well. An email is going out now with times etc.
Socrates Christidis

Post by Socrates Christidis »

Andre and I will be going with our three robots, but on Sunday only.

Socrates
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

This was a great event with large crowds and lots of interest. The only problem is letting the youngsters drive the robots almost continuously for two days takes a lot out of them and I have about four to repair. Thanks to Razordave, Socrates and Andre for all the help. I didn't actually have time to go round the Space centre to have a look so maybe next time.
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

Despite the need for regular charging, I'm amazed that Stewie and BH survived the whole weekend with no problems. The only problem I had was BH's tyres coming off and Stewie's flipper bending, which I'll be fixing shortly

Good event, got my feather a bit bashed up :P
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

Wasn't quite as bad as I thought two were just low batteries it seems the one I replaced them with must have been flat as well must get better organised or remember to take my meter. Combatant had the screws holding the gearbox to the motor strip and variant had a blown motor driver. All fixed and ready to go.
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

good to hear your bots are up and running again. Stewie and BH are still good as new, although I think some new tyre for BH may be in order, as well as a scalpel blade for the axe, instead of that blunt one I use for demonstrations