11th May 2008 Roaming Robots Aylesbury Town Centre

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

It looks like this discussion is immaterial as there appears to have been no response to Dave's enquiry on the FRA board as to Antweight participation.
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

Yes there was no response on the forum, however I went straight to Jono and he said, and I quote: 'Yes, that would be great'

So its still on if your up for it Pete ? Current ant builders look like Me, You, Josh and Shane ATM
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

OK I am up for this one. The arena is repainted and the robots are ready to go just need to charge the batteries.
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

Well with the greatest of respect to Peter and Shane I never thought I'd see the day where a girls' choir was more entertaining than Robot Wars :cry:

Simon
leo-rcc

Post by leo-rcc »

Can you elaberate on that?
Best regards,

Leo van Miert.
Dutchrobotgames
Team RCC website
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

I know what you mean by the afternoon with the heat of the sun and only three ants that weren't mine we were running out of steam. Having said that we did have quite a lot of interest at times.
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

To elaborate for those who weren't there, everyone except the aforementioned were chatting to each other, no robots were fighting, no eye contact with the audience. I should mention that there was a robot scooting around squirting water at the kids, and that I turned up 45 minutes before the end, but it was a great disappointment to us as robot fans.

There was a girl's choir doing Karaoke about 10 metres away that were putting a lot more into it, so we watched them for a bit, did some shopping and went home.

Simon
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

Well at least you noticed the ants there Simon I was just reading Jonno post on the FRA site and as far as he was concerned we didn't even attend.
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

I thought that two of my ants had failed as the grippers on one and the spinner on a second failed to work. It turned out that it was the 40Mhz transmitter that had been damaged at a previous event when knocked of a table. The plastic on the left stick that gripped the pot was broken and however much you moved the stick the pot never changed. Dave I have emailed you the pictures of your feather from the event so let me know if you got them as sometimes huge emails don't seem to get through.