Brighton Modelworld 2008 - 15th-17th February

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

josh

Post by josh »

did u get it simon?
RPD International
www.RPDintl.com
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

Yes I did, thanks Josh

Simon
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

We have a couple of new robots for Modelworld this year:

DemoBot is a 350g super-over-weight drive-all-day bot using standard size servos and AA batteries. It has an axe "weapon" so it's a bit more interesting than a push-bot (not that there's anything wrong with push-bots of course!)

DamageBot is a 150g static "robot" to be used for spinner demos. It is hexagonal with 6 armour panels. Currently 2 are art card, 2 are 1mm polycarb and 2 are 1mm aluminium. It has 4 Dycem feet so it has about the same weight and traction as a real ant. It should be better than the ubiquitous Coke can.

There will also be the all-new Antipathy and a rebuilt AntLifter.
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
josh

Post by josh »

kool i got hopefully two spinners and maybe a kit bot will make a drive all day ant if i get a chance maybe a lifter to go against the axe one =]
RPD International
www.RPDintl.com
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

I'm whipping my drive-all-day bot into shape. I'm thinking of calling it PersistAnt, if that's not taken.

Oliver, if you're reading this then can you please bring along those large LiPos of yours, so we can run all day without resorting to AAs - thanks.

Simon
josh

Post by josh »

si ive got a 480mah one that dave gave me will that be ok running all day or shall i order some cheap big ones i think they are 10 pound for a 2 cell 1000mah pack?
RPD International
www.RPDintl.com
josh

Post by josh »

did anyone make like a board with all the components on or a poster or sumin or shall i make one i have enuf parts to put the real thing on as long as i get it back:P
RPD International
www.RPDintl.com
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

Do we pick the passes up at the door or are you sending them to us.
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

Josh: I think we should be OK for batteries, I don't want you to spend any money just for batteries that you wouldn't otherwise use. I also think that if you made a board with the parts of your prototype kit on it then you might be able to get some orders.

Gary: I take it you'll be taking my acrylic display box along?

Anyone: Is anyone making/bringing leaflet or cards along this time? Also, will we access to the projector again, in fact, I'm not sure that anyone could make out what was going on last time, perhaps if someone brings a laptop showing AWS fights that might get more attention than a big picture that is too dim to see.

Simon
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

Simon: Yes I have your display box and will certainly make sure it's there!

The instructions this year are less clear about needing an exhibitors badge for the bus. If anyone wants a badge in advance. email or PM me your address NOW and I will put one in the post on Monday. Otherwise you should be able to pick them up on the door.

Last year PeteC supplied the projector and mini DVD player. I didn't think the image was too dim to see???
If James gets time this week, he is hoping to put together a slide show of ants on a DVD with some fight clips etc.

I will make up some "business cards" again, as they were very popular last time (don't know if we actually got any real take-up though...) I almost certainly still have the design somewhere.
Gary, Team BeligerAnt