AWS 58 - Crew Call

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

cmalton

AWS 58 - Crew Call

Post by cmalton »

I've put this into a separate thread from the main one as I don't want to be spamming everyone's notifications.

Having looked at the crew I need for this event, we need:
5 judging panel (At least 3 of these must have judged at a minimum of 1 AWS before please)
4-6 for the venue layout team - primarily moving tables (8-9AM and 5-6PM).
1 for Car Park (8:30-9:30AM)
2 for arena setup/teardown crew (8AM-9AM and 5-6PM).
If you are volunteering for any duty that has an AM and a PM component, please try to make sure you can do both. It makes life a lot easier when whoever got things out puts them back.

These are all in addition to myself who will likely be calling the batting order (or is that battling order?) and Al and maybe Brad who will be working alongside me.

When signing up for "crew" roles, please state which role you wish to take on.

Thank you all in advance for your support.
Kyro

Re: AWS 58 - Crew Call

Post by Kyro »

I will happily help judge... i have not judged before though...

I will be fair and honest although myself, my son and my mrs are taking part in the event so i will need replacing during these matches to avoid any bias... for every other match i will happily judge...

im also happy to help put tables and such away after the event although i cannot guarantee being there early enough to help put them out... if i am there early enough, i can do both morning and evening...
Team Rocket
Trappist 1(4wd grab 'n' lift)
Ton 618 (4wd expanding bot)
Io(4wd flipper)
cmalton

Post by cmalton »

@Kyro - That's fine - there is a reason we have 5 judges, to ensure that even if two of the judges are fighting, we still have 3 to run the show.

Would prefer that those who help with the set-up for tables also do tear-down as it means we can get everything stacked neatly in the cupboard and in the order it was done. Will keep you on standby for the teardown though, just in case. I'll put a full confirmed jobs roster up as soon as it's available.
LimaHotel

Post by LimaHotel »

Happy to arrive early to help with setup / stay late for teardown. I'll have my brother and a friend of mine who's thinking of building something for future events in tow, and they are also happy to join with setup and teardown.
Worth mentioning: My brother is 14. I will vouch for his ability to move tables though :p
Last edited by LimaHotel on Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A grabber? I CHALLENGE IT WITH JIGGY!
cmalton

Post by cmalton »

@LimaHotel, much appreciated. Thank you. You and your +2 will be scheduled to assist, most likely on venue layout so please do be prepared to arrive from 8AM.
T_Y

Post by T_Y »

I can come early to help out with venue layout or arena setup/teardown, whichever you need me on more.
Thomas - Approximation Robotics AKA "the one that does the mechanums"

Ants:
PLA-ST Is a Perfectly Legitimate Choice of Material
Percussive Maintenance 4: A New Spinner
Stack Overflow

Beetles:
Déjà Vu/Two
cmalton

Post by cmalton »

@T_Y - Consider yourself factored into the equations.
Matt_Smith

Post by Matt_Smith »

I can be there to help with the teardown at the end of the event but unfortunately I'm not going to be there early enough to help with the setup.
I also have a +1 with me to help too.

Matt
cmalton

Post by cmalton »

Thanks all for your assistance. Matt - your offer of help at the end is much appreciated.

T_Y & LimaHotel - You will be venue layout leads.

This is the general plan.

Kyro - You will be asked to assist primarily venue crew where available.