York meet?!

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Paulmchurd

York meet?!

Post by Paulmchurd »

Hello,

I have seen a few people who are keen for a northern meet up.

I am located in York and unfortunately cannot make any of the AWS meet ups scheduled so far. So I thought I could arrange something as I have a venue(the school I work at with tonnes of parking space and located right next to the train station).

I also have an arena currently with no protection polycarbonate. I'm sure wouldn't take me long to make.

Initially I'd like to organise a social meet up. Have some battles, chat and a drink. Then progress onto an actual event possibly around December time. Which I would also encourage schools in York to enter.

If you are keen for a social meet reply below with preferred days/times.

Cheers
Paul
T_Y

Re: York meet?!

Post by T_Y »

A York meet would be perfect for me! Though I'm just starting out in the hobby, so I don't have anything built yet. I don't think the University of York has a robotics society or similar, but I can ask around and see if there would be people interested in a York-based event- I know at least a few others who are getting into the hobby.

With regards to social meets, I'm going to be fairly busy in the next couple of months due to the exam season (and will be away from York from 28th March till the 6th April), but I should be available for some short social meets.
Thomas - Approximation Robotics AKA "the one that does the mechanums"

Ants:
PLA-ST Is a Perfectly Legitimate Choice of Material
Percussive Maintenance 4: A New Spinner
Stack Overflow

Beetles:
Déjà Vu/Two
Paulmchurd

Post by Paulmchurd »

Ah nice, so you are at york uni?

Would be great to set something up in York. When you and friends have built your bots set up a rumble.

I’ve been meaning to go down to the hackspace and see if there is an interest over there.
T_Y

Post by T_Y »

Yeah, I'm a student there. The hackspace is a good shout- I've just had a look on their page, they've got a load of useful tools like 3D printers.
Thomas - Approximation Robotics AKA "the one that does the mechanums"

Ants:
PLA-ST Is a Perfectly Legitimate Choice of Material
Percussive Maintenance 4: A New Spinner
Stack Overflow

Beetles:
Déjà Vu/Two