scottish borders ant challenge..thingy

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

suvv

scottish borders ant challenge..thingy

Post by suvv »

hi folks
this is mostly aimed at those folk in the more northern region of of englandshire and to any fellow scots on here that have an ant but cant really make it to the darkest realms of the south to play ;)

my explorers along with one possibly a few more troops are doing ant weights as a way to get a few badges and generally learn stuff and are going to be building ants to the uk standard rules so if the chance arises we can invade and lose i have checked with them tonight and they are happy for any other ant builders to come and play and make it interesting it is most likely going to be a weekend in December or January that will hopefully be decided in the next week

it will be held in a town called earlston in the Scottish borders that is about 2 hours away from Carlisle

will get the date up but any intrest please post up

spinners welcome
how hard can it be???
Robots: Optimistic chances of self decimation (ant), Super generic box ant that everyone builds yehhh (ant)
joey_picus

Re: scottish borders ant challenge..thingy

Post by joey_picus »

I'd be interested - as events go this would be almost local for us! My only concern would be ease of access by railway as I don't have a car - any advice for us vehicleless plebs?
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
JohnandZander10

Post by JohnandZander10 »

Hi, would be interested,
We could travel down and stay in Earlston
Cheers John
Mcmad

Post by Mcmad »

Would be interested in coming along to find out a bit more, might even have time to knock together a bot from scratch.

As for public transport, google suggests train to either Edinburgh or Gala and then bus but at over 4 hours it isn't hugely practical. No idea if there is a way by bus from Carlisle.
suvv

Post by suvv »

hi guys
firstly this event is being pushed back till january as a few of the groups have got issues getting orders from china and post times
we are also going to be useing lauder scout hall for ease of access good news is its only just up the road
secondly there is a bus service from Galashiels all the way to carlisle and i belive a bus from carlisle to lauder
the service between galashiels and carlisle is the x95
there are trains that go from edinbrugh to tweed bank if this is any use to people i am aware we are a bit out of the way but we will hopefully use this as a launchpad for more events
how hard can it be???
Robots: Optimistic chances of self decimation (ant), Super generic box ant that everyone builds yehhh (ant)
Mcmad

Post by Mcmad »

Anything further on this Suv?
JohnandZander10

Post by JohnandZander10 »

Hi Suvv, any more on this one ?