Antweight World Series 53 - University of Southampton

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Occashokka

Re: Antweight World Series 53 - University of Southampton

Post by Occashokka »

Unfortunately I couldn't get on for the sign up, only one of my three is signed up is there any way I can go about getting my other two registered??? It wouldnt be a new team added just adding two more bots to a team if the reason for closing is to know how many teams, it would be gladly appreciated if the other two bots I have spent significant time building didn't miss out because I was offline for 36hours!
Team Badger
Has a 3d printer now yay
-£4.82+VAT (intact)
-cool modulated printed thingy
-not yet built nasty mean spinnt thingy

I'm gonna build something huge and stupid, try and stop me :P
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

If anyone has a cube we could use, would be nice for a spare if our other one falls through.
GeorgeR

Post by GeorgeR »

I'll bring my cube along, so it'll be available if needed.
Team Zero - AWS 58 Champion!
Zero - rambot - - Axiom - axebot - - Valkyrie - drum spinner
Blueprint - rambot - - Vampire - horizontal spinner - - Particle - ???
RBMK - quad spinner gyro walker - - Duality - dual spinner gyro walker
Shakey

Post by Shakey »

I should have my cube with me aswell.

Still need to finish building my team though!
Nuts And Bots - For all your components and ready built antweights!

Alex Shakespeare - Team Shakey / Nuts And Bots / Team Nuts:
AWS 44, 45, 49, 51 & 55 Winner - Far too many robots!
cmalton

Post by cmalton »

With apologies for being off the forum for a couple of days - had to go to York for work and it's been non-stop.

If you missed the cutoff and haven't already spoken to myself or Dave - please get in touch with me by email chris@arc-robotics.org.uk and I'll see what I can do as I'm likely to be on-and-off here over the next 48 hours.

I make no promises though.

If you are bringing additional robots, that's fine - please just let me know either before or on the day.
cmalton

Post by cmalton »

Quoting from an email that has literally just come through: "I confirm that you have permission to use the space (177/3011) on Saturday."

It has, quite frankly, been a struggle, and the final green lights have only just been given with a couple of caveats which we have to play nice with:
1) You refer to the use of power tools – where possible these should be battery operated. All portable electrical equipment must be PAT tested and in date.
2) You refer to a CO2 fire extinguisher (i) who will be providing that and (ii) are people appropriately trained to use the extinguisher
In response to #1, PAT testing everything as it comes in as is going to be a nightmare and we will deal with that appropriately on the day. I will stress again - no Heath-Robinson style power supplies please! If it's off the shelf, unmodified, it's probably fine as long as it looks safe. If it's some home brew contraption, please find somebody who doesn't have one. I will have with me a total of 10 chargers, all of which are/will be PAT tested.

Response to #2 - that's my problem to sort. Do not panic (everything is under control).
Rapidrory

Post by Rapidrory »

I've got a friend at Southampton uni who's interested in coming and watching for a bit.. What's happening with numbers? Is it strictly X number of people allowed in the room or what?
Rory Mangles - Team Nuts

Robots: Nuts 2 and many more...

NanoTwo Motor Controllers: https://nutsandbots.co.uk/product/nanotwodualesc
cmalton

Post by cmalton »

Hi Rory, there's a limit to how many people I can have in the room, but they are welcome to come along. We'll be keeping an eye on numbers and if we're close to we may delay entry.
GeorgeR

Post by GeorgeR »

If it would help out I am happy to do pat testing on any power supplies at the event.
Team Zero - AWS 58 Champion!
Zero - rambot - - Axiom - axebot - - Valkyrie - drum spinner
Blueprint - rambot - - Vampire - horizontal spinner - - Particle - ???
RBMK - quad spinner gyro walker - - Duality - dual spinner gyro walker
joey_picus

Post by joey_picus »

*makes note to bring all his power supplies along to event so he can have a sticker*

What is the limit, if you don't mind me asking? I'm sure it'll be able to accommodate everyone attending but I don't want to assume and be left hanging outside because I got delayed turning up ^^;;
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"