AWS 53?

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Hogi

Re: AWS 53?

Post by Hogi »

Hi everyone. Ive booked the 4th of November off work so I will be able to attend provided that is still the date. Now I just need to get some robots built. :-)
Daniel Jackson.

Team Hectic.

Many antweights

Super antweights: territorial.

Fleaweights: fleadom fighter, gaztons.

Featherweights: hectic (under construction)
AntRoboteer

Post by AntRoboteer »

Which arena is being planned for this event? Usually Pete's arena is the best one for AWS events where a large arena surface is required.
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

Don't worry Dave is on the case and has already checked that myself and my arena are available for the event.
cmalton

Post by cmalton »

Thanks Peter. There were about 3 backup plans - but if you are able to provide that helps me massively.

Of course... I'm still waiting on a response from the University of Southampton....
GDS

Post by GDS »

Damn it, always on holiday.... Will be state side on the 4th :-( Was looking forward to trying out my first ant
AntRoboteer

Post by AntRoboteer »

peterwaller wrote:Don't worry Dave is on the case and has already checked that myself and my arena are available for the event.
That's fantastic then. Good to hear. :)
suvv

Post by suvv »

is there an address for this place
how hard can it be???
Robots: Optimistic chances of self decimation (ant), Super generic box ant that everyone builds yehhh (ant)
cmalton

Post by cmalton »

Until I get a confirmed venue I won't be putting details up.

I am pushing for this to happen as soon as possible, but the process requires about 8 people to all say yes simultaneously.....

I will provide details as soon as I have them.
cmalton

Post by cmalton »

I can confirm that I have managed to secure space for an AWS at the University of Southampton on Saturday 4th November 2017.

We are still working to get the space I actually wanted, however our backup bookings have just been approved.

This is at Building 58, University of Southampton, off Salisbury Road, Southampton, SO17 1BJ. I have three lecture rooms on the same corridor booked with movable tables to allow us to reconfigure for AWS. Pits will be spread across two of these rooms.

If we are able to get the space we want, this event will be held on Boldrewood Campus, Burgess Road, Southampton (less than 5 mins from where we are booked currently). This space is big enough for everything to be in the same room if we can get it. Red tape, alas, is getting in the way here.

I will get the necessary event pages etc sorted tonight.
cmalton

Post by cmalton »

Event topic: http://robotwars101.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2608
Event sign-up: http://antlog.garya.org.uk/entrant?eventId=7

I will not be posting any further updates in this thread.