AWS 52 - Greenwich University - Sign up + details

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Garfie489

Re: AWS 52 - Greenwich University - Sign up + details

Post by Garfie489 »

Potentially we could host an event during any open day if this goes well. If it goes extremely well we could have even more days available than that.

That said, the next open day is being held during the Heavyweight UK Championships and so there will be no event during that open day as im away. Plus going forward there may be a rotation with Beetleweights so everyone can have an opportunity to host an event there - otherwise though, for the forseeable future its a permanent exhibit
coolspeedbot

Post by coolspeedbot »

peterwaller wrote:I have just been looking at the layout of the site on google maps and it seems to be different to the map at the beginning of this topic.
The road we finally turn into and presumably park on the map posted seems to be fenced off and the next one after it is marked as an exit.
It might just be that google is out of date but can you just confirm which is correct and is the parking free.
I looked myself I think you can go down the road you think is an exit cause theres no other road into that car park, also the building from what I've seen has an entrance on the other side with the unwalled car park.
James Booth
Team Coolspeedbot

Antweights:
Killer-Wolf (2.0), Bunny-Ears (1.5), Blue-Terror (CAD).
Featherweights:
CSB 1 (retired) CSB 2 (under construction).
Garfie489

Post by Garfie489 »

The map is correct, ill make a video tomorrow to help out.
atticp

Post by atticp »

Hi, would it be possible to get a contact phone number for someone (probably via PM) so that if we encounter any delays on our journey or get lost in the University I can update you.

Thanks
AntRoboteer

Post by AntRoboteer »

I've got a couple of people who are asking for the link for the live stream. Do you have a live stream link ready for the event?
Garfie489

Post by Garfie489 »

Yup, my number is 07849 898092 - just introduce yourself as a roboteer.

I done a quick video for people unsure after looking at the map - i really should have washed my windscreen but hope its abit of help.

https://youtu.be/E-57vgnXJUc

The entrance to the university is marked along the route on white road signs saying "Universities at Medway". Similarly when coming from the A2, youll see loads of Brown Anchor signs for the Historic Dockyards which is across the road - the University has a massive Robot Wars banner up at the front gate, you should see it.

With regards to the live stream ive encounted a problem. I tried a trial run last night, and the software you need to run it kept crashing on my Macbook. I tried some other software but then it wouldnt recognise my cameras. Ive sent an email to my Universities IT support but im not sure what else i can do atm - if theres someone with knowledge of live streams whose willing to help me out (or potentially has the equipment) then that would be fantastic and a massive help.

Otherwise, everything else is in place - theres a reserved area for roboteers to watch aswell now.
James Bennett

Post by James Bennett »

Sorry, Vanguard ain't going to make it.

I might see everyone there though.
Team Risky Biscuit:
Plan B
Vanguard Mk 2
Andrew_Hibberd

Post by Andrew_Hibberd »

London traffic bad will be there at 10.10
TEAM GEEK!
GeorgeR

Post by GeorgeR »

Just wanted to say a big thankyou to Gareth for running a great event, I certainly had a lot of fun.

AWS 52 Results
1st. A little bit of fail
2nd. Test robot please ignore
3rd. Anticide

Congratulations to Andy for another win!

I think fleas and nanos were both won by Pete?

(its worth noting that this version of albof is a drum/eggbeater spinner, not the edf pusher that won aws 46-48)
Team Zero - AWS 58 Champion!
Zero - rambot - - Axiom - axebot - - Valkyrie - drum spinner
Blueprint - rambot - - Vampire - horizontal spinner - - Particle - ???
RBMK - quad spinner gyro walker - - Duality - dual spinner gyro walker
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

Yes another great event and a good venue.
Running one group at a time for each level overcame the problems we have experienced in the past of two rooms as each team just took their robot for that group to the fight area.
Thanks to Garfie489 for organizing it every one seemed to have a good time.