AWS 52

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Shakey

Re: AWS 52

Post by Shakey »

I know myself and Rory would probably not be doing Grantham due to distance, plus an AWS is the more enticing event! :D
Nuts And Bots - For all your components and ready built antweights!

Alex Shakespeare - Team Shakey / Nuts And Bots / Team Nuts:
AWS 44, 45, 49, 51 & 55 Winner - Far too many robots!
Garfie489

Post by Garfie489 »

Just to make a clarification, Greenwich doesnt have to be an AWS if the community doesnt want it to be - its an open invitation for the community to host whatever event it wants to thatll provide a good attraction for the Open day, that way both parties get something beneficial out of it.

Of course going forward, if the event goes well there may be the possibility to expand and turn it into a permanent venue on several occasions a year. The first event is mostly from my POV getting the foot in the door and attracting the University to the weight class whilst also promoting the robotics already going on at the university so things can be cemented in for other areas for years to come.

Im hoping to get confirmation soon, i now know where the event will be - but still trying to negotiate floor space.
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

The date of the Greenwich event has been known for some time and Garfie489 has been been asking if there are any problems and only had positive comments so it seems a bit late now to come up with a clash of dates.
While in an ideal world we would avoid clashes I think Greenwich should go ahead as an AWS and if people prefer to go to another event that's up to them.
Remember we are talking about a possible long term AWS venue here something we could really do with.
AntRoboteer

Post by AntRoboteer »

Absolutely agree. It sounds like a fantastic venue and would be a perfect AWS.
Cavecrusher

Post by Cavecrusher »

razerdave wrote:When would be a good time for you to host it Tim?.
No set date. Given the fact that a trip to the Netherlands/Benelux/Zjermany takes a little more organizing, i would like to claim AWS 55 for another off-island AWS, if Brexit hasn't happened by then.
GDS

Post by GDS »

Hi guys, new to the robot scene and only started looking into Antweights in the last month. Is AWS an open event? Is there a sign up fee?
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

Hi and welcome to the forum.
The AWS is an open event and though there is no sign up fee some times the organizers do ask for a contribution towards the hall hire which is usually around £2 per robot.