Antweight open 12th November 2016

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Hogi

Antweight open 12th November 2016

Post by Hogi »

Hi guys. We have our venue again on the 12th of November and I thought I would throw the question out there: is there anybody else who wanted to run the next AWS? If not, we can do then, if so, we'll run our event as a fun event to end the 2016 antweight calendar. I don't really mind but thought I should see what the community wants to do.

Thanks, Dan.

[Edited title to remove "AWS" to avoid confusion - BeligerAnt, 13/10/2016]
Daniel Jackson.

Team Hectic.

Many antweights

Super antweights: territorial.

Fleaweights: fleadom fighter, gaztons.

Featherweights: hectic (under construction)
joey_picus

Re: AWS/Antweight open 12th November 2016

Post by joey_picus »

I think a couple of other people did? I'd kind of prefer it to be a more fun event, as in my head the AWS should move around a little and not be held in the same place twice in a row, but I'll turn up either way hopefully :) it should be good no matter what the event is!
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

This is one of my favorite venues and I would attend either event but judging by the problems we have had lately getting a venue for the AWS I would suggest that would be the one to go for unless someone else comes up with an alternative.
Occashokka

Post by Occashokka »

Someone Devon way was considering supplying a venue, I've been looking and there is a music hall at my school which isn't huge but should be big enough and has 24 plugs, which is tons and has quite close car park access, the only slight problem i can foresee with it is the fact it has a carpet floor however it has doors that open out onto a sheltered area with tables and a decent sized field so we could happily eat outside, If people would be willing to come to stroud i will try and inquire into hiring it and seeing if i can get a discount for being a pupil, but I also realize gloucestershire is very west and might not be the ideal location for others
Team Badger
Has a 3d printer now yay
-£4.82+VAT (intact)
-cool modulated printed thingy
-not yet built nasty mean spinnt thingy

I'm gonna build something huge and stupid, try and stop me :P
coolspeedbot

Post by coolspeedbot »

Travel distance is a big factor for me, so a good central location would be fine, Basingstoke was ideal for travel from both my university and from Dover.

Devon would be a no go for me I don't want to have to put my step-dad through a 4 hour drive or have to pay for a overnight stay.
James Booth
Team Coolspeedbot

Antweights:
Killer-Wolf (2.0), Bunny-Ears (1.5), Blue-Terror (CAD).
Featherweights:
CSB 1 (retired) CSB 2 (under construction).
joey_picus

Post by joey_picus »

Stroud's good for me too! Hell, anywhere's good for me realistically, it'll be an overnight stop no matter where really...
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
Reala

Post by Reala »

Due to my work, I am in contact with quite a lot of large venues... Only problem is I'm in Somerset (Weston-super-Mare & Bristol mainly) - so not sure whether that would put some of the more central / northern people off?

I can make enquiries about potentially helping to host an event early to mid next year?
Skillz

Post by Skillz »

Id try my best to make that along with some friends
Team Shinobi
Ddraiggoch

Post by Ddraiggoch »

An event in the south West would be welcome as it seems they're mostly in the the south East. I don't mind travelling but moving events around the country is surly fairer for all.
What are the minimum requirements for hosting an event? How many attend an antweight event on average? I understand everyone needs sockets for charging etc. So how many sockets would be needed and could you get away with extension cables or gang plugs?
Occashokka

Post by Occashokka »

I still need to talk to my school about the venue, that's if people want me to and indeed if Dan were to have an antweight open on the date above when would you want the AWS
Team Badger
Has a 3d printer now yay
-£4.82+VAT (intact)
-cool modulated printed thingy
-not yet built nasty mean spinnt thingy

I'm gonna build something huge and stupid, try and stop me :P