AWS 50- 23rd July- Basingstoke

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

earthwormjim

Re: AWS 50- 23rd July- Basingstoke

Post by earthwormjim »

I am an idiot. I had hotel booked and arranged kid and animal sitting, all thinking the AWS was on Sun. I really should know better! So now I can't come. I have come to the conclusion that old age is setting in. Actually I think I'll blame Haz. I'll think of a reason why it's his fault later. LOL. Am a bit gutted. Going back to bed and sulk now. Good luck all.
botomatic1000

Post by botomatic1000 »

It's looking like I might arrive at 12 is that ok
Ethan Wall KINGS HEATH COLLIDERS
Current Robots: Sprat Bait: The worst 150g Wedge ever built...
Elysium 1.4: Antweight Undercutter, built by Team Riptide, Brummie glass cannon edition!
Barracuda: Beetleweight Vert... hates working...
haz

Post by haz »

Damnit Jim, that's the Dyteqta syndrome setting in! Of course its my fault. I see you've been trained from the CH school of management.
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

thanks to Dan and his family for hosting a wonderful event. thanks to all those who helped with the general running of the event and antlog, like dave, who was shouting out all of the fights,

well done to all the winners, there were some very close fought and intense battles along with some spectacular and destructive ones,most the destruction applied to my robots. (just motivation to make new ones) some new robots coming from us like a improved SA3 and reprint of SA5, dual was a complete failure thanks to, nom nom nom. with why wait killing SA5 (got to joint 9th)befor going on to win the event.
looking forward to the videos being uploaded so i can watch some of those spectacular moments again and analyse why i lost certain fights to find improvements in my driving and robots.
i'm sure we will all be watching robot wars tomorrow. :)

again thanks to dan and co.. for hosting one of my best AWS's
look forward to see you all again at the next one :)
bigsi111

Post by bigsi111 »

Great day, our first AWS. Learnt so much from this and will be working hard to build a flipper.

Thanks to everyone, Dan, Dan's Mum, Gary and family, Rory and all the competitors.

BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

Thanks to Dan and family for running the event - and the cakes!
Apologies for my terrible driving :P and having to rush off whilst most of you were engrossed in the annihilator, Bethany has an early start tomorrow.
Great to meet some new faces and of course congrats to Rory, first new winner in a while and first spinner to win for "ages" :)

Full results will be online after dinner...
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
botomatic1000

Post by botomatic1000 »

That was great guys thanks I hope I did ok in your eyes :D hope you all got back safe and with little hassle.
AWS.jpg
AWS.jpg (56.83 KiB) Viewed 10985 times
Ethan Wall KINGS HEATH COLLIDERS
Current Robots: Sprat Bait: The worst 150g Wedge ever built...
Elysium 1.4: Antweight Undercutter, built by Team Riptide, Brummie glass cannon edition!
Barracuda: Beetleweight Vert... hates working...
joey_picus

Post by joey_picus »

All safely back in the hotel, it was lovely to see everyone again and especially all the new friendly faces :3

Jigsaw 64 did pretty well, it would've been better if the flipper hadn't come off in the Why Wait fight or I'd had a spare hinge! S. D. F. surprised me too, it made the top 16 (?) again I think and stood up quite well to spinners, I think my driving was a lot better than it has been recently which helped. Also the lemon built in one morning was so much fun, I'll have to do a proper nanoweight :) Other highlights of the day included Alex's dad managing to levitate himself out of the arena, Alex's saw thing, and Peter (I think) cleanly removing a robot's skeleton from its body...

Many congratulations to Rory on his first incredibly well-deserved win with Why Wait, John for the fleas, Alex for the nanos, anyone else who won the award, and most of all Dan and family for running an incredibly nice, friendly and enjoyable AWS. Here's to the next fifty :3
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

Results are now online: http://antlog.garya.org.uk/event/result/3

I've just noticed some glitches in the data. Some of the teams and robots that got added at the event have got a bit jumbled. The original data is still intact so I will get it fixed. I think the results are correct but some of the robots appear in the wrong teams.

Time for some debugging... :(
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
Hogi

Post by Hogi »

Hi guys. thanks to all who came and thanks to all who donated towards the hall hire but most of all thanks to everybody that helped out in any way especially Peter for bringing the arena, Harry for filming, Scott for refereeing and Dave Weston for doing fight calling for us. I had a great day despite being rushed around and stressed out for most of it. Congratulations to all the Rory, John and Alex on their wins and to everyone else who got a certificate. I look forward to our next event at the venue which will be in November.
Last edited by Hogi on Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daniel Jackson.

Team Hectic.

Many antweights

Super antweights: territorial.

Fleaweights: fleadom fighter, gaztons.

Featherweights: hectic (under construction)