AWS 49

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

AntRoboteer

Re: AWS 49

Post by AntRoboteer »

May be a bit too far for us unfortuantely but will look into it.
Occashokka

Post by Occashokka »

I can only come to one of antfreeze or the next AWS and if it's in Liverpool my mum would say antfreeze because it would be too far to Liverpool so I have very few days to decide, how likely is it to be in Liverpool???
Team Badger
Has a 3d printer now yay
-£4.82+VAT (intact)
-cool modulated printed thingy
-not yet built nasty mean spinnt thingy

I'm gonna build something huge and stupid, try and stop me :P
Nixon

Post by Nixon »

Occashokka wrote:I can only come to one of antfreeze or the next AWS and if it's in Liverpool my mum would say antfreeze because it would be too far to Liverpool so I have very few days to decide, how likely is it to be in Liverpool???
Not quite sure it'll be in Liverpool yet, depends on how many people can make it up here. Especially someone with an arena as I'm yet to build one.
TeamCrash

Post by TeamCrash »

For people like me and some other good folks in the Midlands, it's very hard to get to Reading. I was lucky to get to AWS 46. I vote for a up-north event for a change!
Team Crash- Robots:
Crash (Antweight)
RDR (Antweight)
The Not So Grim Reaper (Fleaweight, retired during construction)
Crash XL (Beetleweight, construction phase)
AntRoboteer

Post by AntRoboteer »

I didn't see much wrong with somewhere like Coventry. AWS 45 had pretty good turnout so perhaps somewhere in the Birmingham/Coventry sort of region would be a good compromise?
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

The thing that worries me beside the distance is that it is in the city center so how easy is to park close by and get things like the arena there and up to the fourth floor.
Nixon

Post by Nixon »

There's a few multi story car parks on the same road so you should be able to park close to the Makerspace. Getting the arena to the 4th floor shouldn't be too difficult either as there's a pair of large lifts in the building.
Hogi

Post by Hogi »

i probably couldn't make it to liverpool. coventry or birmingham would probably be alright though.
Daniel Jackson.

Team Hectic.

Many antweights

Super antweights: territorial.

Fleaweights: fleadom fighter, gaztons.

Featherweights: hectic (under construction)
EpicentrE

Post by EpicentrE »

Just to raise a point, if you have a good venue and are willing to put in the effort to run an event, then do it. It's good to have diversity in the locations where events are held. It's a shame for those who can't attend, but there will be people who would be more likely to attend an event further north than another one that is further south. We should be encouraging people to run as many events as possible, not discouraging them because of location!
Scott Fyfe-Jamieson, Captain of Epic Robotics. Champion of AWS38/41/42.
http://www.epicrobotics.co.uk
Nixon

Post by Nixon »

I'm afraid I might need to pull out of running an event in March. I might be relocating to Birmingham and have approached by the Tate Liverpool to run an event during weekends in March so will be bogged down by that :(

Might try to run WS in Birmingham if I do move there though.