Ant Freeze 3 & Signups - Nuneaton, 23rd Jan 2016

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

peterwaller

Re: Ant Freeze 3 & Signups - Nuneaton, 23rd Jan 2016

Post by peterwaller »

I will aim for just after 9.00 then.
AntRoboteer

Post by AntRoboteer »

Just finished signing up. See you all there tomorrow! :D
EpicentrE

Post by EpicentrE »

Last minute emergency; Void's batteries have discharged too much while it's been sitting around and, while it still works, my charger refuses to charge them. Does anyone have a charger which they can force to trickle them back up to an acceptable voltage that I can try tomorrow please?
Scott Fyfe-Jamieson, Captain of Epic Robotics. Champion of AWS38/41/42.
http://www.epicrobotics.co.uk
Shakey

Post by Shakey »

EpicentrE wrote:Last minute emergency; Void's batteries have discharged too much while it's been sitting around and, while it still works, my charger refuses to charge them. Does anyone have a charger which they can force to trickle them back up to an acceptable voltage that I can try tomorrow please?
My dumb charger may be able to.
Nuts And Bots - For all your components and ready built antweights!

Alex Shakespeare - Team Shakey / Nuts And Bots / Team Nuts:
AWS 44, 45, 49, 51 & 55 Winner - Far too many robots!
Rapidrory

Post by Rapidrory »

Uh, Alex and I may have got the times mixed up and assumed kick off was at 11:00... We're probably getting there at about 10:15 as we have to go collect Sam.. Any chance of us getting into the main comp still?
Rory Mangles - Team Nuts

Robots: Nuts 2 and many more...

NanoTwo Motor Controllers: https://nutsandbots.co.uk/product/nanotwodualesc
Occashokka

Post by Occashokka »

how did it go??
shame I couldn't be there but don't keep us in suspense...
Team Badger
Has a 3d printer now yay
-£4.82+VAT (intact)
-cool modulated printed thingy
-not yet built nasty mean spinnt thingy

I'm gonna build something huge and stupid, try and stop me :P
joey_picus

Post by joey_picus »

Alex and Rory were able to make it :) ICBINS won the antweights (defeating the wedges in the final!), Fleabite the fleas, and Lift-a-lot the nanos. My memory of the other events is a bit hazy (sorry!) but I do remember John jr. winning quite a few of them!

We've just got back in (long story short; I am thoroughly fed up with Wigan Athletic and their fans) and I had a thoroughly good time, everything ran smoothly and it was good being able to reconnect with people again. Tracy wants to pass on her thanks to everyone for making her welcome too :) Performance-wise, S.D.F. II survived a lot of spinner scrapes and took out Test Robot Please Ignore in the annihilator (!), S.D.F. I had a decent run in the competition too, the extra games were a lot of fun, and I think Jigsaw 64 should be quite solid once I get the controls sorted :3 Congratulations to Alex, Peter, Rory, John, and everyone else who won, and many thanks to John for the organisation and Peter for the lift to and from the station, as well as everyone for being just decent, nice people and making it such a good time.

Hope everyone got back safely and we'll see you all at the AWS :3
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

Yes it was a great event as usual thanks to John and family for putting it on.
I didn't use to be a fan of football but with the two pits as goals and the ability to score from the sides makes it a much better game and having John as a team mate also helped.( he scored all our goals )
The marbles using plastic M12 nuts was even better than before and great fun and was most aptly named nuts by someone a name I think will stick.
The look on Rory's face when he realized he had been amassing nuts in the wrong corner was priceless.
Rapidrory

Post by Rapidrory »

I was just being helpful... again :roll:

Aside from that it was a great event. Bad Idea's seems to be working well again, splitting Void in two, getting one of the piggies in 3 pits at once (does anyone have a video of that they can upload? :L), and still making it out of the groups!

Really enjoy these events; looking forward to the next one :)
Rory Mangles - Team Nuts

Robots: Nuts 2 and many more...

NanoTwo Motor Controllers: https://nutsandbots.co.uk/product/nanotwodualesc
playzooki

Post by playzooki »

Thanks to john for a great event, and to everyone who helped to fix my robots. Congratulations to all the winners.

jaguar and tbsos both went 1-2 in the main event, the latter because of me forgetting to charge the batteries. Jaguar also did well in the annihilator and then got destroyed in the gladiator, taking alex with me :D. tbsos also won a game of nuts mostly by luck but lost in the next round.