AWS 46- University of Reading- 28th March 2015

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Remote-Controlled Dave

Re: AWS 46- University of Reading- 28th March 2015

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

Feel better soon Rhys :-(
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
ajw

Post by ajw »

Sorry couldn't make this one; have had a hectic past couple of months. Will be at the next one, hopefully with something new. Have a good day.
shakesc

Post by shakesc »

Great day out at reading , some excellent battles and final
I started out with nothing and still have most of it left
Rhys

Post by Rhys »

Don't keep us in suspence. Who won?
Occashokka

Post by Occashokka »

It was a great day well done everyone especially the champion
Little bit of fail!

Unfortuneatly I had to leave before fleas and nanos or awards,does anyone know who won the other awards?
Team Badger
Has a 3d printer now yay
-£4.82+VAT (intact)
-cool modulated printed thingy
-not yet built nasty mean spinnt thingy

I'm gonna build something huge and stupid, try and stop me :P
alasdair

Post by alasdair »

Great event guys, thoroughly enjoyed it all. Congrats to Andy and Alex of course.
AntRoboteer

Post by AntRoboteer »

I would just like to say that it was a fantastic event! Will, you and your team ran it so smoothly it was amazing. Loved it all.

I would also like to thank everyone else just for being there and making it a fantastic event and also for all of the encouragement I received as well.

Thanks again! :-)

PS: Dan, GiANT is fine; I found the gears from the shattered servo, put them together and the servo works! No damage done then! :D
joey_picus

Post by joey_picus »

Literally just got in (after, among other diversions, being headbutted on a coach by someone possibly off their face) from what was one of the better World Series I've been to in a long time :) well done to Andy, John and Will for winning, and to Alex for coming second twice! and to Peter and for everyone else who won or just made it good. The venue was brilliant; if you could just have separate feeds to the projectors and food then it'd be the perfect AWS hall I think. It was good to see Simon again too - sorry about the lack of name labels :P

I was really, really pleased with how I did; given my weight issues I wasn't expecting S. D. F. to do more than maybe win one fight, so to win four and end up intact and in the top 16 out of over 100 was brilliant, even if a very lucky draw was involved :) (apologies again to Will for accidentally messing up the entire last third of the event with the Stewie fight - sorry!). Mecha-Spall went out spectacularly, thanks to Alex and Will, but the actual Spall part of it appears to have survived relatively unscathed - if we ever decide to institute a permanent trophy for 'most damaged' then I have just the centrepiece for you...

Thanks to everyone for being nice and tolerating me, especially the newcomers (glad you enjoyed it Jim and Occashokka and everyone else who I can't remember because I am rubbish!), to Dave and Ceri for being good company on Friday and all the lifting, and just to everyone for really, genuinely reigniting my love for robots again. Here's to AWS 47 being as good!

(and, further to a point Will raised, I think it'd be only appropriate if we held AWS 50 back in Oliver's front room again...)
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
Hogi

Post by Hogi »

thanks to Will and the reading uni boys for anothher fantastic event! it was brilliant fun and a great way to begin the antweight year. can't wait to return to reading next year for more robotic action. sorry for any temper tantrums i may have had. all who beat me did so with skill and excellent. also, congratulations to the winning robots and roboteers.

team crash and occashocca: thanks for driving the other botlets of my clusterbot, we had fun and did very well. :)

antroboteer: thank goodness for that. giant has been one of my favorite robots for a long time so i felt quite bad when cut up damaged it. i look forward to seeing it again next time. :)
Daniel Jackson.

Team Hectic.

Many antweights

Super antweights: territorial.

Fleaweights: fleadom fighter, gaztons.

Featherweights: hectic (under construction)
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

Thanks to Will and his team for another great event I couldn't believe how many fights there were with 101 ants and how smoothly the organisation ran.
As promised the actual venue was really well suited to the event and Reading does seem to be the most central location for these events.
Congratulations to all the winners there were some really great robots fighting with a good variety in the designs.
I had some issues with my driving as usual and a few reliability problems (Thanks Alex and Rory for fixing Anticyclones weapon) but still had a great day.
It is nice to have so many people to talk to that don't glaze over when you mention robots.