AWS46?

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

TeamCrash

Re: AWS46?

Post by TeamCrash »

It's a 3 minute walk from where I live so I will be coming.
Team Crash- Robots:
Crash (Antweight)
RDR (Antweight)
The Not So Grim Reaper (Fleaweight, retired during construction)
Crash XL (Beetleweight, construction phase)
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

Sorry to sound like a broken record but this is getting slightly irritating now. My life is pretty much on hold waiting for this date - I'm starting to build but wondering if there's any point as flights will be at a premium price by now and work keep asking me if I know the dates I need off for my holiday yet. I know there's been issues with the uni and stuff but this event was confirmed a YEAR ago and nothing seems to have been sorted for it. If it had been given to someone else, we'd be set, dated, booked off and paid for by now. Sorry to be negative but we're the ones who are going to be ruled out of coming due to a seeming lack of organisation and that does annoy me a bit as we only get to do the AWSs anyway.
Is there ANY news or updates or reassurance or anything to go on? Because at what point do we need to start looking for a back up host? Will talked of a back up venue to me that is only available on the date we're at a wedding - we are trying to get around that is it does fall on March 28th but we cant plan a thing until we get a set date! I cant even book that off work yet in case I need to extend it to include the AWS.
Its fine for you lot living in and around Reading who could turn up if it was announced as next Saturday or whatever, but we cant be the only ones who need a fair bit more notice?
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
Rapidrory

Post by Rapidrory »

Yeah, sorry for the delay everyone; we've been working hard to get it sorted, but we've had to go through the university's system and we rather overestimated it's speed (lecturers are not good with email it seems..). However we just got conformation that the department will fund the venue about an hour ago, so we can finally announce it formally :)

Dave, I'm afraid it will be on the 28th, but it was the only date that the venue was free in the near future, and the other venue was just to expensive these days. I hope you still have time to sort something out.
Rory Mangles - Team Nuts

Robots: Nuts 2 and many more...

NanoTwo Motor Controllers: https://nutsandbots.co.uk/product/nanotwodualesc
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

Yes, apologies for my rant, it was not aimed at anyone in particular, more just born of frustration. I am glad we now have a date, and we are altering plans as we speak to make it. Thanks to you all for being patient with me.
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

Now that AWS46 has been finalised I will close this thread. For all AWS46 details and discussions, see the new thread here: http://robotwars101.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2267
Gary, Team BeligerAnt