Antweight team champs suggestions

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

razerdave

Antweight team champs suggestions

Post by razerdave »

Hey guys
I was hoping to run the ATC's again, but under the original format, I would only get 12 actual fights, and that's not enough. Because it is meant to be an alternative to the AWS, the games would have a pronounced presence in the event. I have a plan, but I wanted to run it's feasibility past you guys first:

Teams made up of a pair of robots from different teams, like the tag team, OR, 2 teams can select a robot from their arsenal for each event (For example: If pete waller and I were a team, I can select any of Stewie, BH or bulletproof for any fight or game I have to do, he can select for any of his selected 4) and we put them into heats (4, for simplicity). Each heat consists of 4 self contained teams, and has 3 fights, 2 events:

Heat 1:
Tag Team: 2 fights between Team 1 and 2, 3 and 4, winners and losers play each other for 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th, points allocated accordingly. It would be 1 robot out at a time.
Event 1: Pinball, points given for 1st, 2nd etc, other 3 teams robots defending the targets.
Driver swap, run the same as a standard tag match like the AWS ones
Event 2: Gauntlet, whoever gets the fastest time or gets the furthest wins, other 3 robots defending
Timer match (not sure about this one): 1 robot at a time tag match, swap over every 30 seconds, can't attack when 30 seconds is called, can't attack a robot if its not in its zone yet after the 30 seconds.

Heat 2:
Same fight set up, but the events change to raceway and football

2 Teams with the most points from each heat go into the next 2 heats, run the same as the first 2, and them onto a last set.

I'm not sure about the timer fight, but I'm tired at the time of writing this, so any bright ideas would be greatly recieved.

Regards
David
joey_picus

Re: Antweight team champs suggestions

Post by joey_picus »

Firstly, I'd love to do another team championships :) I really like events that have games other than fighting, probably due to a combination of being increasingly bad at actual combat and a slightly worrying adoration of series 2 of RW....

I would maybe limit the total number of robots a team can use though, for example to 2 per person (for a total of 4) as if you're allowed to use a different robot for each event it would probably end up favouring people who have bigger teams to choose from, or who could build/come up with robots tailored to specific events. I also suspect the timer match might require a bit too much policing to be practical, especially in the heat of battle - it's a good idea in theory but a bit similar to the tag team (although as a variant of the tag team, it might work well as a tiebreaker)

The general format seems good though, and assuming it ends up being at a convenient time for me you can count me in definitely! (also I never thought the day would come where you'd mention Arsenal in a public forum...)
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
razerdave

Re: Antweight team champs suggestions

Post by razerdave »

Thanks for the input Joey, and under the context of football, I normally wouldn't mention The Gooners by their chosen name, but in instance it'll slide :).

Having thought about it, I think a 4 way tag match (4 teams of 2, fight like a standard tag match) with positions being determined when both bots from a team are out, would be a good final match. I would have restricted drop offs to make it harder though *evil grin*.