AWS 43- University of Reading- Sat 8th March 2014

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

ajw

Re: AWS 43- University of Reading- Sat 8th March 2014

Post by ajw »

A big thank you to Will and friends, The University of Reading, the IET and anyone I else I’ve missed for another great event. I feel the event went smoothly and was very well organised given the record numbers attending, and the work put into Antlog by Gary in combination with the improved communication between arena room and pits resulted in a big improvement over last year’s event. I hope the venue will continue to host the AWS in the future as each year it grows from strength to strength.

Thank you to all for the congratulations; Chomp’s performance far exceeded my expectations especially with the standard of the other robots which is continuing to improve each event. I was also pleased to be presented the best driver award as I’ve not recognized this as one of my strengths in the past.

Congratulations to Dave on another win in the fleas and all other winners on the day. I look forward to seeing everyone at the next AWS.
bitternboy

Post by bitternboy »

A huge and belated thanks to Will and everyone responsible for the event, I personally had an amazing if unsuccessful time. I hope this becomes a regular venue and style of AWS to come :)
Jonathan Atkinson
Before you criticize another person, first walk a mile in their shoes. Then, when you critisize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
Rhys

Post by Rhys »

A huge thanks to Will and all those involved in organising the event. My biggest thanks though go to the guy with the jump leads! :P

I thought it went off pretty smoothly. I have a few comments which I'll put in the feedback thread, but apart from that it was all very well organised. Huge congrats to Andrew, it's nice to see a new winner, and I don't think there's many people out there more deserving of getting that first AWS title than him. On a personal note, I was pretty pleased with my robots, but once again my driving was the weak point... I'm not normally great, but Saturday was worse than usual! Ah well, there's always next time.

Will, any news on when the antlog and video will be available?
PanoramicHarry

Post by PanoramicHarry »

Finally uploaded the video!
http://youtu.be/ZCKxiW2Hs1s
Harry D.T - Team Panoramic
Andrew_Hibberd

Post by Andrew_Hibberd »

Thanks Harry, I will watch more of it later. For those interested the Fan vs RS2014 is at 1:01:00
TEAM GEEK!
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

Thanks for getting the video up so promptly it is really useful going over your own fights to see where you went wrong.
I hadn't realised my last two robots got so far before going out in consecutive fights.
teamocean

Post by teamocean »

The full live stream from the day has now bee uploaded

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KtMRXVYyDw
Will Thomas
Team Shock
www.shockbots.co.uk