AWS 42 - Burntwood Staffordshire 26th October

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: petec, administrator, BeligerAnt

razerdave

Re: AWS 42 - Burntwood Staffordshire 26th October

Post by razerdave » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:02 pm

Am I correct in saying we get our usual 2g lenience? If not, we won't be disqualified instantly? BH may be a gram over ATM, hence my asking.

joey_picus

Post by joey_picus » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:58 pm

I'd hope there's the usual compensating for scales too, I don't have access to a pair of good ones at the moment : <
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"

Andrew_Hibberd

Post by Andrew_Hibberd » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:33 am

Booked a van to bring my arena tomorrow. So much more machining to do today....
TEAM GEEK!

alasdair

Post by alasdair » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:59 pm

I just signed up with 3 Ants and a Flea.

alasdair

Post by alasdair » Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:04 pm

Just got home. Really enjoyed this event, I have a lot of new ideas for some design changes and the general atmosphere was very friendly. Fantastic job to Scott of course, I will beat you next time!

Craig_Anto3

Post by Craig_Anto3 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:53 pm

Alasdair, you will be AWS champion some day, Same with Dan and Ant2D2, Andrew and Ripto are just so wonderful us vets are getting massively phased out

the future is bright for the AWS

Thank you all who came along, I will see some of you in Doncaster tomorrow, some in Gloucester and the rest in Reading!

Congrats to the big winner today, The best Welshman Andrew! sorry Ceri

peterwaller

Post by peterwaller » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:13 am

Thanks to Craig for another good event even if my team failed again, I think we will need to introduce an over 65 event before I win again.
Congratulations to all who did well and hope to see you all at Basingstoke next month.

haz

Post by haz » Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:11 pm

I had fun, was very nice seeing everybody. Well done to Scott for winning and thanks for Craig for running the event and for Joey for the company :)
Haz.

joey_picus

Post by joey_picus » Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:48 pm

Just got back in after a very long few days - firstly, well done to Scott for winning again, and very impressively so, and congratulations to Dave for winning the fleas equally impressively, and commiserations to Euan and Alasdair!

It'd be fair to say my performance was terrible, Arcus taking out Anticide notwithstanding - largely due to a combination of a terrible draw (The Hurting facing a vertical spinner and then Frantic) and terrible robots (Snow Scraper reminding me why building the night before doesn't work...), although having a terrible headache most of the day didn't help at all either...I had fun though, on balance, and it was really good to see everyone again and I came away with a lot of inspiration and ideas for new robots.

Thanks to Craig for hosting and Harry and his parents for their hospitality/putting up with me and to everyone else for tolerating me! ^^;
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"

ajw

Post by ajw » Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:58 pm

Thanks to Craig for hosting another great event and a really enjoyable day. Congratulations again to Scott, you've certainly got a taste for winning now! Thanks to everyone else who made it, I was quite impressed with some of the new robots. See you all next time.

SamO

Post by SamO » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:13 pm

What a great event!!!! I really enjoyed it. Massive thanks have to go to Craig for all his hard work. Was great to catch up with people and meet new people.

In terms of how Mini E performed, it was a bit meh really. A little bit pants in the main competition, but was really pleased with how it performed in the annihilator and the tag teams. We never really had a chance against Nom Nom Nom and Void LOL I was also really chuffed to get best newcomer.

The main achievement for me though was managing to convince my dad that Ant Weights can be just as exciting as Feathers and Heavys 8)

P.S: Congratulations to Scott and Void, a really impressive robot. Also well done Dave and Little Devil for winning the FWS.
SamO
Team Jeopardy

Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:20 am

Missed you guys but it just wasn't possible for us to do this one with the wedding so close. Will be interested to see the full results if anyone has them. Congrats to ma buddy Scottasaurus, see you all in Reading!
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39

lukeo

Post by lukeo » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:17 am

I just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone for being so welcoming and patient with my 2 boys. We all had a great time and told my wife all about our exploits most of the way home. Sorry we couldn't stick around until the end, I wanted to but the youngest was starting to play up.
We will be going to Basingstoke next month, so look forward to seeing some of you again and hopefully by then I will have worked out how to get Red Snapper to go a little bit faster!

Hogi

Post by Hogi » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:51 pm

AWS42 was exellent! many thanks to craig for organising the event. i have already repared hogi and ant 2 d 2 just needs a new switch. hope to see you all again at our basingstoke event in november.
Daniel Jackson.

Team Hectic.

Many antweights

Super antweights: territorial.

Fleaweights: fleadom fighter, gaztons.

Featherweights: hectic (under construction)

teamfirebrain

Post by teamfirebrain » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:46 pm

Thank you for organizing a great event and i will certainly come back again for another event in the future :)
Matthew
Team Firebrain
Matthew Walters
Team Fire(B)Rain
Ants- Mildly Effective-Functional?