AWS 42 - Burntwood Staffordshire 26th October

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

petec

Re: AWS 42 - Burntwood Staffordshire 26th October

Post by petec »

Folks,
Less than a month to go on this and only Craig and one person signed up. To be fair to Craig and others making travel plans, can we get a bit more definitive yea or neigh on who is likely to go. If you really aren't likely to make it, don't be overly optimistic.
Cheers,
PeteC
------------
RobotWars101.org
RobotWars101.co.uk
Antweights.com
Antweights.co.uk
AntweightWorldSeries.com
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

Good point I was waiting to be sure which robots but I can always change the name of one if any are not ready.
Now signed up.
joey_picus

Post by joey_picus »

I've signed up the robots that are definitely going - for those interested, The Hurting is The Hurting with new armour but the same blade, powerful drive, lack of self-righting ability, and weight problem (offers of small 2 cell batteries gratefully recieved in the event of an emergency), Pocket Arcus is Arcus but actually fitting in the cube due to being boxier and smaller, The Self-Aware Colony is two servos, no weapon, and absolutely no dissent, and the fourth slot on my team will hopefully be a clusterbot, pending both myself and Harry being able to come up with decent names and robots that move forwards, backwards, left, and somehow right as well. I'll update the website and my build thread with pictures when my camera charger turns up...

Looking very forward to this already, will be really good to see everyone again :) hopefully there's a decent attendance!
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
Craig_Anto3

Post by Craig_Anto3 »

I wont have time to finish Anto 4, its a bit complicated, so I'm going to bring another in its place, badgerbot perhaps? another anto? Boxing Unit 2: the search for Revenge? no instead I have opted for a walker which I'm calling, "This is how it feels to walk after 2 pints of black rat"

If you havent signed up already please do so, I go up on the Thursday night before, bring your fleas and ants, also your robots I might bring Tanto for show but as we have plenty of room.
Hogi

Post by Hogi »

I can now confirm that team hectic will be able to compete in AWS 42. this time with three robots.
Daniel Jackson.

Team Hectic.

Many antweights

Super antweights: territorial.

Fleaweights: fleadom fighter, gaztons.

Featherweights: hectic (under construction)
bitternboy

Post by bitternboy »

All signed up, although the trains are a bit erratic at that time; how early is too early in terms of arriving?

EDIT: BTW I'm in Joey's position with the getting to and from the station. Any chance I could tag along if someone can help?
Jonathan Atkinson
Before you criticize another person, first walk a mile in their shoes. Then, when you critisize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

What sort of time? I may be able to help you on that one :)
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

Do you need me to bring the arena.
bitternboy

Post by bitternboy »

@dave: I was aiming to get in at 9:33, does that suit you? :)

@joey: When do you think you'll arrive?
Jonathan Atkinson
Before you criticize another person, first walk a mile in their shoes. Then, when you critisize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

Providing I can get Ceri out of bed at a decent time I can do that :)