AWS 42 - Burntwood Staffordshire 26th October

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

razerdave

Re: AWS 42 - Burntwood Staffordshire 26th October

Post by razerdave »

Am I correct in saying we get our usual 2g lenience? If not, we won't be disqualified instantly? BH may be a gram over ATM, hence my asking.
joey_picus

Post by joey_picus »

I'd hope there's the usual compensating for scales too, I don't have access to a pair of good ones at the moment : <
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
Andrew_Hibberd

Post by Andrew_Hibberd »

Booked a van to bring my arena tomorrow. So much more machining to do today....
TEAM GEEK!
alasdair

Post by alasdair »

I just signed up with 3 Ants and a Flea.
alasdair

Post by alasdair »

Just got home. Really enjoyed this event, I have a lot of new ideas for some design changes and the general atmosphere was very friendly. Fantastic job to Scott of course, I will beat you next time!
Craig_Anto3

Post by Craig_Anto3 »

Alasdair, you will be AWS champion some day, Same with Dan and Ant2D2, Andrew and Ripto are just so wonderful us vets are getting massively phased out

the future is bright for the AWS

Thank you all who came along, I will see some of you in Doncaster tomorrow, some in Gloucester and the rest in Reading!

Congrats to the big winner today, The best Welshman Andrew! sorry Ceri
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

Thanks to Craig for another good event even if my team failed again, I think we will need to introduce an over 65 event before I win again.
Congratulations to all who did well and hope to see you all at Basingstoke next month.
haz

Post by haz »

I had fun, was very nice seeing everybody. Well done to Scott for winning and thanks for Craig for running the event and for Joey for the company :)
Haz.
joey_picus

Post by joey_picus »

Just got back in after a very long few days - firstly, well done to Scott for winning again, and very impressively so, and congratulations to Dave for winning the fleas equally impressively, and commiserations to Euan and Alasdair!

It'd be fair to say my performance was terrible, Arcus taking out Anticide notwithstanding - largely due to a combination of a terrible draw (The Hurting facing a vertical spinner and then Frantic) and terrible robots (Snow Scraper reminding me why building the night before doesn't work...), although having a terrible headache most of the day didn't help at all either...I had fun though, on balance, and it was really good to see everyone again and I came away with a lot of inspiration and ideas for new robots.

Thanks to Craig for hosting and Harry and his parents for their hospitality/putting up with me and to everyone else for tolerating me! ^^;
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
ajw

Post by ajw »

Thanks to Craig for hosting another great event and a really enjoyable day. Congratulations again to Scott, you've certainly got a taste for winning now! Thanks to everyone else who made it, I was quite impressed with some of the new robots. See you all next time.