Mad Metal Machines Volume 13

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Psychostorm

Re: Mad Metal Machines Volume 13

Post by Psychostorm »

Finance permitting , I'd be quite keen to see how the Germans react to an inflatable sheep being put into their arena. :D
maddox

Post by maddox »

Team RCC is planning for the full event this time. No tired driving on saterday night for us this time.

Somewere early march we'll book the hotel, Tryp Hotel Wattenscheid.
Impact

Post by Impact »

Registration is open: http://public.roboteers.org/mmm/
(Sorry for my bad english)

www.teamrockandrobot.com
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

I'm on the Eurostar as I type, hopefully I can win the fw comp outright, and hopefully no malfunctions with the antweights :)
earthwormjim

Post by earthwormjim »

Good luck Dave. :)
maddox

Post by maddox »

Team RCC's part.

Friday evening, Leo arrived, checked up on the parts and loaded the van.

Saturday morning, 6 am, wake up time. 6 50, Bochum here we come.
Kashei and Hannibalito III ready, Hannibalito 4 unfortunatly not. Katyusha unfindable.

10 am, arriving at the venue, a cold gray morning. Most of the german roboteers were waiting outside. The janitor of the venue didn't arrive yet. But at 10 30 it was solved.

Filling up the 12oz bottle of H III, checking the charge on the batteries in the robots. And around 1 pm the fun started.

Trowing in H III in the arena, opening the bottle, and a huge gasleak was audible.... ???? Quick checkup, the paintball bottle Oring failed. It seems these fail about 1 in the 10 refills/ Lesson learned, oring replaced after the lost fight. Problem solved. Hannibalito did the rest of the event in it's own dependable way. The armor is getting scruffier every event, but still it takes whatever trown at it. The weapon is reliable and the drive rock solid, even if 1 of the fans on the Ilyama casing came off a while ago. And yes, the same comments as before. The huge ground clearance and the heavy "wheelie" pulling are a disadvantage in the smooth floored arena's.

Kashei still is a pita. The upgrade in drive and batteries was a smooth transition.
We replaced the 6S 2P A123's (19.8V 4600mAh) with 6S P2 LiPo (22.2V 6000mAh) and the MSR 12-54 with a 12-72 drive with 100mm wheels.
The axe got a larger gearration. It seems Speed 900's go up in smoke with the 20.25-1 gearratio, if selfrighting often.
The new gearratio is 33.75 -1, together with the increased voltage, it would stay about the same speed- visualy-, but with a lower load on the motor itself, more dependable.
Unfortunatly, now the electronics did fail, so, we can't tell if it was a complete succes.
I do plead guilty. I shouldn't have tried to remove the electronics...

In any case, Adrenaline is the -again- MMM feather winner. With BonX a deserved second place.

After the awards, Team RCC, Edith -bab's mum- and joined by Dave Weston , together with the van der Meers (Marien, Anita, Sean, Leroy and Melanie) drove to the hotel.
Previous times, it was all according German style. Grundlich organized, everything in order and no hair displaced. This time it went sleightly wrong.
We ordered 5 rooms. 3 double rooms, 1 room for the 3 kids, and a single smokers room for Edith. 2 Double rooms and the single with breakfast.
It seems communication went wrong.
A horrible combination was made in a completely booked full hotel. And the blonde receptionist wasn't the most creative person in the world. After some talking she got the amount of rooms and people in the clear, but according to her, only the smokers room was big enough to put an extra bed -for the 3 kids- in. If Edith would please would share with 2 pre-teeners please...

In the end, we had to swap rooms between ourselfs. Babs and me, accustomed to smoking people traded out 5th floor room for a 1st floor smokers room, and the night-manager transfered the extra bed to the non smokers room- what was big enough to start with, as all the "normal" rooms there are the same lay-out and size...

Oh well, a good dinner and a visit to the hotels bar was the cherry on this day.

Sunday was a play day, whiteboards in all classes. Nothing much to describe there.
But I tought to see preparations for even bigger antweight participation....