DRG callender 2012

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

maddox

DRG callender 2012

Post by maddox »

For now, we know 2 events for sure.

February 9th. Stre@m , An evening demo event for all weightclasses.

May 6th. The DRG will be part of the Antwerp Sci Fi convention. Full Combat event for feathers.
Ants are welcome too.
maddox

Re: DRG callender 2012

Post by maddox »

maddox

Post by maddox »

James Cooper did sign in. Awaiting more UK entries.

Come over and kick some continental Butt.
maddox

Post by maddox »

My event report. Sorry for any bias or personal interpretation.

Saturday late morning, Leo, Babs and me arrived at the venue, Greeted by Marien, the DRG chairman. A bit later, Kos (Tough As Nails) and Jeroen (New Gravity owner, and one of the Series 7 Gravity teammembers) arrived, with the DRG Arena.

Laying out the OSB pannel floor and setting up the walls was some heavy lifting, but nothing to difficult. But the steel cables acting as rebar were. But 1 phonecall later, that was solved too.

Setting up the Polycarb walls and HDPE roof was a group effort(after lunch) . It went well, because Flex , Kees and Ellen joined us at the right time.
The fiddly bits like lightning and wiring were lost on me, as my night shift way of life started to interfere and I fell asleep on a table.
Around 5 pm we went home. With Kos and Flex joining to stay at the House of Chaos. One dinner at Red Fort, a Sikh run small restaurant nearby(Vilvoorde has 1 of the 2 Sikh temples of belgium) and we went to the House of Chaos Workshop. Babs went to bed, Flex opened up his laptop, I took out the refreshments, and we talked robots, designed parts (thanks to Flex) had a nice evening.

Sunday. Leo , Kos and Flex went to the venue, Babs and me picked up Zoltan, and did the same. The Convention opened, and it was a succes. it was crowded, and a load of cosplayers made it a colorfull event. Babs even found time to get some attributes to enhance her cat-liness.

Concerning the fights. Unfortunatly the combination of the fact we got 3 feathers and 1 ant with us and my completely disrupted bioritme (still enjoying the aftershocks 3 days later)I couldn't wrap my brain around the fights , just acting on my instincts on Team RCC's machines.

Hannibalito 3. With the new wheelie bar did exactly what we expected. It just won the fights.
Kashei, after a streak of burned axe motors, it seems we found an equilibrium. Still a glitch haunts us. On the other hand, this machine still won the fights.
Hannibalito 4, brandnew, [ur=lhttp://www.gimsonrobotics.co.uk/GR01_planetary_gearmotor.html]Gimson GR01 drive[/url]. New concept flipper.
And it went into the first fight with a flipper that would have shamed a series 1 flipper. Luckely Leo's driving skills , stable drive and adequate armor saved the day. A fast check up after that fight reveiled nothing...
Second fight, with the idea of an empty CO2 bottle as reason for the laughable lifting action, and a double checked new bottle to make sure, it failed again in weapon power department.
A more in depth check up revealed exactly the same as the previous time. Nothing.

Third figth. Oh well, it still lifts the opponent, is very controlable, and nothing in the arena can damage it.
So, lets make the best of it. FLIP, all works like during the test....

Still figuring that out.

In the end, a well spend weekend. I just wish more UK participants would join us in these Full Combat fights.