Snibston 27th December 2011

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

joey_picus

Re: Snibston 27th December 2011

Post by joey_picus »

Welcome to the sport :) 3 ants is more than enough, I'm only taking two and a half!

The current build rules can be found at http://www.antweight.co.uk/rules.htm but I think as this isn't an official World Series you'd be allowed a bit of leeway on the 4" cube and 150g as long as it's not drastically over either rule. Your son could definitely come and watch if he wants - but it's more fun to take part :)
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

Welcome to the forum.
As Haz says this event is a little different to other competitions as it is a team one with events other than combat included as well.
Anyone with at least 1 antweight can enter you just need to fill in the form at:
http://robotwars101.org/ants/antweightw ... php?id=211
The entry list can be found at:
http://robotwars101.org/ants/antweightw ... php?id=211
The full rules can be found at:
http://robotwars101.org/ants/rules.htm
With this competition not being an actual AWS event the rules are not always so tightly enforced so if you are say a few gms over you will probably get away with it.
Psychostorm

Post by Psychostorm »

razerdave wrote:I'm in need of more robots for this event, if you wish to come or plan to come, PLEASE sign up on the sheet on page one.
I would but I don't want to land any team captain with the handicap that is me & Napalm Death. If you really want to win badly, I don't wish to risk their chances.

Any Volunteers to take Napalm Death?
haz

Post by haz »

shut up Ceri, i for one would LOVE napalm death in my team!
Team Invade

Post by Team Invade »

razerdave wrote:I'm in need of more robots for this event, if you wish to come or plan to come, PLEASE sign up on the sheet on page one.
+2 from us :D

Not entirely convinced Spark is in weight, (never actually weighed it :lol: ) but pretty much conivinced Gust should be if shapeways is anything to go by

4WD Titanium armoured pusher if any of you are wondering, and should be the first ever (I think), to fit into the cube flat
Website | YouTube | Photobucket | Build Diary

Featherweight UK Champion
Heavyweight Robot Wars Champion

Heavyweight Tag Team Champion
Featherweight Tag Team Champion
Pugster2002

Post by Pugster2002 »

Hi it's pugsters mum again!!we are using a iPad and I dont know how to put a photo on,anyone know?his robots are called pushover and ram.....only has two......ram is made from aluminum,and pushover is plastic made from a remote control car,is that o.k??
Thanks
Pugster is 9 years old and is autistic,he can be blunt and sometimes seems rude,but he's just to the point!!!please try to be clear when talking to him.his obsession is robot wars and pugs!!thanks guys(pugsters mum!!)
Pugster2002

Post by Pugster2002 »

Hi pugster got his base kit from this site it has a radiolink controller!how does he find the frequency?thanks
Pugster is 9 years old and is autistic,he can be blunt and sometimes seems rude,but he's just to the point!!!please try to be clear when talking to him.his obsession is robot wars and pugs!!thanks guys(pugsters mum!!)
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

If it is a radio link one it automatically finds a free frequency to work on so you just put it down as 2.4Ghz which covers the band it uses.
It is only on the older 27MHz and 40MHz radios that you need to specify an actual frequency.
haz

Post by haz »

plenty of ants have fitted in the cube flat before.
Team Invade

Post by Team Invade »

haz wrote:plenty of ants have fitted in the cube flat before.
Yeah, noticed that :P

I meant as a 4WD pusher, as all the rest I've seen seem to be quite long (Dynamite etc.), and so I designed it to be much more compact
Website | YouTube | Photobucket | Build Diary

Featherweight UK Champion
Heavyweight Robot Wars Champion

Heavyweight Tag Team Champion
Featherweight Tag Team Champion