New Event idea

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

the16henry16

Re: New Event idea

Post by the16henry16 »

kk
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

FYI, these are my planned events and rules:

Pinball: Basic RW course, but you have 1 (maybe 2) of your opponent teams robots trying to stop you, 2 mins to score as much as you can. The robot that runs the course can't act as the house robot for your oppponent (saves batteries).

Football: team of 2, 2 minute halves, like real football, most goals win, can't pin the ball for longer than 30 secs

Raceway: 5 mins, robots going opposite ways, point for each circuit, 5 bonus for the most circuits. No flipping robots out of the arena, but you can use the weapon to disrupt them.

Tag Team: PROPER tag rules, 1 robot at a time, if the robot got immobilised then the robot can come out and continue, full combat.

Final melee: nice and easy, 6-on-6 (or 8 on 8), I may get my arena finished and have a enclosed arena, it will have actual walls but it does have a pit so you can win with a pusher.
One main thing to make it interesting, you can't use the same robot in the next event after its been used, IE: bullseye competes in pinball, can't compete in football
the16henry16

Post by the16henry16 »

i like how u used bullseye :D
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

Picking teams (school sports style) is a perfectly fair way of doing it and allows a more even spread of robots.
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
Team Orr

Post by Team Orr »

I can be a team captain if you want, i mean, why not :roll:
seriously though, stick my name down for this one, i can be a captain but it depends if anybody wants me as one...oh, and i can take any footage or anything and stick it up on any of our youtube's/site etc, unless you want to create a separate channel for event footage Dave? i think names out of a hat would be good, i have a motorized name picker you could use (yes i know its OTT but i did it to bury some time at school: its kind of like those bingo things for picking balls...lol that sounds weird)
sounding really good, may have to do another RFRC if everybody's up for that
"if it wasn't for Edison we'd be watching TV by candlelight"
Jack Orr
Team Orr Robotics
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

Ok Jack, you can be a team captian, so we need one more voulenteer.
I've got 2 votes in favour of picking from a hat, 1 for picking a team yourself, keep 'em coming!

Oh and jack, you can film it all you like, I'll be filming it myself but you can film if you want to.
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

Mainly to avoid one captain signing up all the best robots some sort of selection on the day would be my preference.
Maybe selecting by type so each team has as even amount say pushers, lifters, flippers, axes, spinners.
the16henry16

Post by the16henry16 »

what say like 2 flippers max on each team ?
Rhys

Post by Rhys »

I'll be happy to volunteer as the remaining captain. I was going to suggest something like Dave's idea, like picking football teams at school. Basically you line up all the ants that turn up, then the captains take it in turns to pick one each, until they are all picked. I will give fairer teams than a random pick.

Also, do all of a person's robots have to be confined to one team? eg. Dave, if you were captain of team one, would all your robots have to be on the same team, or would you be captain for one team but also a driver for another team?
bitternboy

Post by bitternboy »

I think the picking strategy would be more reliable if I'm honest, as long as people don't mind their robot being picked last. :)
Jonathan Atkinson
Before you criticize another person, first walk a mile in their shoes. Then, when you critisize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.