26th & 27th Feb 2010 - Robots Live - Whitwick, Leicester

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

robotslive

Post by robotslive »

Should be some tables and some sort of a barrier. Dont have any spare lighting, but the house lights are usually left on at that end of the hall.

Ants

Jigsaw
Kaizer-Panicked Atacked
Stewie
Baby Hell
Bulletproof
Kill-a-chav
St Jimmy
Tilly SA
Brilliantilyant
Anticide
ALBOF
Kwiejbo
Anticipation
Dynamite
Fast Dalek
joey_picus

Post by joey_picus »

+ Arcus, Spall, Catatonia, and anything else that may happen to form itself out of my collection of parts from me :)
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
teamocean

Post by teamocean »

I will also have a couple of ants- which ones depends on whether or not my new parts arrive in time but it will be any of Mini mAlice, Quake, Short Circuit, Inertia 2 and Tesla
Will Thomas
Team Shock
www.shockbots.co.uk
widow_twanky

Post by widow_twanky »

We'll also have a few there. Not sure we can do competitions as I've got no-one to run them as we'll be pretty short handed at this one.

We should have:

Mustang
Colt
Stallion
Donkey
Boo! (possibly)
joey_picus

Post by joey_picus »

Just got in from this (well, actually I've been home for some time but my feet have only just recovered XD) and it was a fantastic event, a great time had by all and lots of people interested in ants :)

Although...
I have no problem with you driving it, but if you break it I will have to shake your hand for breaking something that is almost bomb proof.
...:oops:
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

Who said that ? and which robot did you mean?
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

Yes, a most enjoyable event. The new 2.4GHz Tank isn't a bad little run-all-day, Kitty is due an upgrade as well, new wheels and a smaller receiver.
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

Although...
Quote:
I have no problem with you driving it, but if you break it I will have to shake your hand for breaking something that is almost bomb proof.

Haha, I'm known for doing this! Featherweight champs 2009, Clive gave me Tiny Toon. "Don't worry about the spinners, you can't break it"
Broke it within a minute of battle.
John gave me a go on Scorpian (heavyweight). Said "ram it around a bit, it won't break..."
Guess what happened next? lol
Yet my terrible robots still keep trundling along... :D
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39