AWS 33 - Brighton 30 October 2010

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

muchalucha

Post by muchalucha »

Thanks for putting on a great event and running it so smootly, and again well done to joey :). And i hope to see some of you at maidstone :).
Fight or flight ... ?

...suicide
Team Orr

Post by Team Orr »

Thanks guys for a great event, really enjoyed it despite Valliant having battery issues :/ congrats to Joey on his first AWS win! and thanks to everyone who helped us out today (you know who you are)

also does anybody have my hdpe flipper arm? i think i left it on tom/the daves table, also i think the insulation tape might be mine :P

thanks again
Jack
"if it wasn't for Edison we'd be watching TV by candlelight"
Jack Orr
Team Orr Robotics
alasdair

Post by alasdair »

Great competition guys!
Thanks to Gary and James for a smooth organised, yet incredibly fun event. Well done to everyone that won stuff- especially Joey and Andy (i'll get you next time :P !)

Best Bits:
Spall with a hobby knife taped to the top
A little bit of fail not failing (!?)
Spinners mashing things!
The fact that there was 57 bots!
Lots of newcomers with cool bots
Remote Control Dave's seemingly endless supply of jokes
Snazzy paint jobs (ouchie, ROTO etc)
My bots actually working!
earthwormjim

Post by earthwormjim »

Big blue extension lead is mine. Feel free to keep it if it is of use.
Cheers.
Jonny

Post by Jonny »

now to fix/build all my robots again for maidstone :D
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

I have your flipper arms jack, I'll bring them to maidstone if you're going.

Not too bad an event for me, BH, Stewie and FIN did pretty good, however interferance caused havoc with Baby Hell and a little on Stewie in its first few fights, but I WILL convert them all, 'soon as Ian does me a diagram for the triggers.

It does seem though some people can build robots but not drive them; case and point: Jon with Flippant and Andrew with Bulletproof: robots built by other people but driven so much better than their owners :P

Thank you to Gary, James and family for a fantastic AWS, fantasticallty well orgained.
joey_picus

Post by joey_picus »

Just got back in after engineering works held me up for about an hour near Retford...still having some trouble believing it's all real to be honest :P

To say it was an enjoyable event would be a gross understatement; it was great to catch up with everyone and I was incredibly impressed with the standard of the newcomers (Whirlwolf and El Chupacabra in particular look so much better in the flesh (metal?) than I'd thought, well done to Jon and Jim, and I didn't see too much of Assailant and Electro Fuz but they looked awesome too) and with how well the event was organised, massive kudos to the Aylwards for that.

Probably the most surprising bit was the results though, it's probably fair to say very few of us expected the top few robots to turn out like that and as for Jigsaw...well...I can't put it into words really, for once the design hasn't messed up and nothing's gone wrong :P many many thanks to everyone who's ever offered me support, donated bits, donated time to repair it, kept me sane, or helped in any way with my ant career as that win owes a hell of a lot to all of you :)

Very well done to Alasdair for winning the non-spinner, Andy for a great performance with a robot that was a bit of a bodge job to say the least - fix the wheels and I think you could win another three world series even without the pneumatics! - everyone who won awards (particularly Jim who got an amazing amount for one robot, shows all the effort put into it!) and everyone who contributed to the event. ^^

*collapses from exhaustion*
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

Great event, thanks to Gary and his family.

I'm uploading video to http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... B948ECE6CD Please feel free to correct all the usual naming mistakes!
Jonny

Post by Jonny »

i'll upload my pictures once i get film developed
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

Have just got back!
Fabulous fun, thanks guys, everyone was brilliant. Thanks to Gary and co for running it so smoothly, very impressive, and of course congrats to Joey for a surprising but extremely welcome and deserved win.
Big thanks to Andy S for driving me up and down the country, he sends his thanks to everyone too.
Hope to see each and everyone one of you all at the next one! :D
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39