AWS 32 - Saturday 3rd July 2010 Walsall

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

joey_picus

Post by joey_picus »

Very well done to Oliver not only for winning but also managing to have two of the same robot in the final! :P on a serious note you did have a very good day from a driving point of view and thoroughly deserved the win.

It was one of the best events I've been to despite my results, I was hampered by a very dodgy flipper mechanism that doesn't really work and prevented me self righting (Jigsaw) and Combatant (The Data Fields) but I had enormous fun and learnt an awful lot that I need to work on over the summer, it was good to see everyone again as well and particularly to meet new (to me) faces like Chris, Peadar and his family and of course Andy, who I must congratulate from going to slightly reluctant about the whole affair to doing far better than anyone expected and being a very nice person overall :)

Well done to everyone that won awards as well, and many thanks to Jack for organising it all.
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

Yes great event thanks to Dave, Jack and Family.
My spinners improved stability seems to have gone out the window especially Mutant who managed to cut off its own legs in its first fight. Congratulations to Oliver for a 1,2 in the main event, Nathan for 3rd, Scot for 1st and Dave 3rd in the non spinner.
I will put up the charts as soon as I can produce them.
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

Hey guys

Didn't do as well as I should of, as was probably evident by my mini temper tantrum during the non-spinner (sorry about that). I was a bit happier with Baby Hell's performance now it has 4WD, though I need to find out whats wrong with the axe, it kept getting jammed.

Well done to Oliver for his 1-2 in 'The Clone Wars' and Nathan for third place, and well done to Scott for 1st in the non spinner.

Also a big well done to Chris Malivore for winning both the Annihilator and Tag Team with EBOG's Revenge, and to our newcomers Peader and AJ for their great first time displays. Hope you'll be coming to plenty more :)
haz

Post by haz »

hey i was watching all the videos yesterday it looked so good hopfuly ill be able to go to AWS33
alasdair

Post by alasdair »

I really enjoyed hte event and was very happy with the performance of truant, who ended up as the last spinner standing, and he dealt his fair share of damage (to david cameron anyway :P )
I figured out he came somewhere near 5th or 4th.

Well done to everyone that won something, and i now have a load of new ideas rattling around inside my head for new robots! (we are just about to do some work on frantic, my new ant, and i am working on my new fleaweight design, Stompy...)
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

Here are the results:
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n66/ ... WS32NS.jpg
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n66/ ... WS32FC.jpg
They don't come out very clearly because photobucket don't except pdf and they reduce the resolution on the jpg.
If anyone wants a pdf of them PM me your email address and I will send it to you.
malivoirec

Post by malivoirec »

Thanks to Jack and Dave for arranging this event

It is nice to see so many new faces that have joined since the last time I attended an event and to see some old friends as well.

Hopefully I can attend more events now since I now have my time back in order and improve on the ants that I have continued on.
Fortune cookie says: Pain is meerly a feeling;
unless its PERMANANT FOREVER.

Fortune cookie no.2 says: Take heed of
Last cookie
ajrobotics

Post by ajrobotics »

Thank you to everyone for hosting the event and welcoming me into the world of antweights. Congratulations to all the winners and thank you to those that voted for Transparant as the best newcomer. Hopefully I will see you all again soon. :)
Scooperman

AWS32 video

Post by Scooperman »

Video from yesterday beginning to go onto youtube. It's taking a long time to upload, but the first part is there now. It's on RobotWarsRule channel. Thanks
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »