Reading Robot Club 21 - Saturday 22nd May 2010

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Andrew_Hibberd

Post by Andrew_Hibberd »

Good videos simon i really want to get building. The mantis and zigsaw rugby team was really good ^^
TEAM GEEK!
Team Terror

Post by Team Terror »

Mantis's football claw was very effective :o
Jack Evans
Captain
Team Terror
joey_picus

Post by joey_picus »

Yeah, Mantis really carried that entire team, I suspect it would have won regardless of what it had been teamed with (Jigsaw, a tube of superglue, a week old slightly furry sausage, Henry Kissinger, other objects)

I'm wondering if there'll be any sort of rule brought in regarding the claw and other 'attachments' for the next RRC :P
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
haz

Post by haz »

ahem, not forgeting deodorANTs contibution to the football... going in circles :D
alasdair

Post by alasdair »

well it is still under the weight limit, size limits, and i asked some people and they thought that if it was rule efficent then it was fine.

thanks guys though! i think he would have not done so well withought the mesh on the sides because before the comp we tested it withought them and the ball kept slipping of the sides.

'rugby team' it is probably better being described t
like that andy- just grab it and run! (my main problem was fighting to not be pushed through my own goal!