possible event dates

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Simon Windisch

possible event dates

Post by Simon Windisch »

Hi there,

I'm trying to plan ahead for RRC21, and Saturday July 17th has come up as a possible.

Is it OK if I provisionally book this date (if Mr Waller can make it of course, as he co-runs it) or does someone want to run an AWS on that day, it's the last Saturday before the schools break up.

Simon
Last edited by Simon Windisch on Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

Simon, the next AWS needs to be in July, and before the schools break up. If we don't run the aWS before the summer we won't fit it in before the October/November one and we will end up losing one altogether.

Things have got slightly skewed by AWS31 being delayed until mid-April, but we need to get back "on track" with AWS32 if we are to keep to 3 a year.

I realise this may make it difficult to fit RRC between AWS31 & 32 :(

If no-one else volunteers, I am happy to run AWS32 in the Brighton area, probably on the 10th/17th July.
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
Team Terror

Post by Team Terror »

Dave W and myself are thinking of hosting AWS 32 in Walsall
Jack Evans
Captain
Team Terror
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

OK, I'll find another date for RRC21.

Jack and Dave and Gary, you could sort out the next two AWS dates right now, that would certainly be an advantage for my forward planning!

Simon
joey_picus

Post by joey_picus »

Would the weekend around July 4th/5th be suitable? I don't want to tell people what to do but I know someone who'd like to come but is only free on that particular weekend.
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

Our venue is booked on that Saturday, I could to Sunday July 4th July. I had objections to Sunday before because of the trains not running as frequently, but they haven't been to a robot event for a couple of years.

So how about Sunday 3rd July for RRC21 and Saturday 17th July for AWS32?
Andrew_Hibberd

Post by Andrew_Hibberd »

I agree simon that we should try and get the events back to the 3 a year. However RRC and the AWS are the two biggest events, back to back weekends doesn't give much time for repairs.

Also i am not going to be back until July the 18th so would miss both.
TEAM GEEK!
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

@Joey: Were you suggesting the 3rd July (the 5th is Monday!) for the AWS or RRC?

@Simon: Can I suggest May/June for RRC so as not to be too close to either AWS? Having the 2 main antweight events only 2 weeks apart will make it difficult for many people to attend both.

@Jack/Dave: I only offered to run AWS32 in case no-one else could. If the rest of the committee are happy with you running it, it's fine by me.

Everyone: I do not think it makes sense to try to arrange too many AWS's in advance. People's plans change and the last thing we want is to find out at the last minute that someone has forgotten they are running the event and haven't booked a hall!
Organising the AWS one in advance has worked well so far, and it still gives about 4 months notice to everyone.

AWS33 should take place around the end of October or beginning of November. Venue and date to be arranged at or around AWS32 (July).

Edit: Fixed AWS numbers (thanks Joey) - I guess that's what happens when we try to get too far ahead of ourselves... :wink:
Last edited by BeligerAnt on Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
joey_picus

Post by joey_picus »

I was suggesting the 3rd for the AWS - apologies for the messup with dates as I appear to have lost this year's calendar :P

Just as a thought, wasn't Eindhoven going to be AWS31? That would make this AWS32 I'd have thought.
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

OK, how about Saturday 22nd May for RRC22?