AntLog - double elimination result logging tool

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

joey_picus

Re: AntLog - double elimination result logging tool

Post by joey_picus »

Yep, that's why I said 'less friendly' - in my (biased) opinion any sort of qualification would be preferable to seeding but both are against the real DNA of the AWS and the 'go anywhere, fight anywhere' ethos of antweights in general.

This might be the impossible question, but when do you think v3.0 would be ready for a full field test? I'm wondering if any of the non-AWS events over the summer would work (or if the SAC could make a comeback - I miss Brighton!)
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
Hogi

Post by Hogi »

we could test it at antweight open this year but that wont be until late november.
Daniel Jackson.

Team Hectic.

Many antweights

Super antweights: territorial.

Fleaweights: fleadom fighter, gaztons.

Featherweights: hectic (under construction)
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

Dan I was thinking of AntweightOpen as it's a manageable size and we could run AntLog 2 in parallel just in case...

I don't think I can really commit to any sooner as there will be a lot to sort out in terms of documenting the setup and installation. To really get the benefits of the client-server architecture the setup is somewhat more complicated than AntLog 2 which only requires OpenOffice.

Anyway, time to get back to Role-Based Access Control...
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

Data editing rules are proving "interesting" in AntLog 3.0...

Since my idea is that the database may contain details of more than one event, there are restrictions on when robots and teams can be edited and/or deleted so that the database relationships don't get broken or history rewritten!

So far all the rules regarding creating, editing and deleting teams have been implemented.

Teams can be created by anyone ( = user signup)
Teams can be renamed even if they appear in the fights table
Renaming a team also changes the associated username
Teams can only be renamed by the team owner or administrator
Teams cannot be deleted if they contain any robots
Teams can only be deleted by the administrator
Deleting a team will also delete the associated username

Next on the list is robots...
Each team can log in, and once logged in can update their own team/robot details. The administrator can update everything.
A robot that appears in any event cannot be deleted or edited, but there is no limit to the number of robots associated with a team so it's not necessary to delete retired robots. I may add a current/retired flag to the robot data to make it easier to view only current robots.
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

Tonight's progress has been to get the access control for robot editing sorted :)

Robots cannot be edited if they appear in the fights table
Robots cannot be deleted if they appear in the fights table
Robots can only be edited by Admin or own team
Robots can be added by Admin or own team

The idea of "retiring" robots still needs to be worked on.
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
joey_picus

Post by joey_picus »

It sounds like quite a wide-ranging system - are you sure you're not aiming at replacing this website? :P It's sounding really good though, I can't wait to try it out.
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

I'd never presume to try to replace RW101 :D

However, ensuring some sort of compatibility between database tables so that sign-ups and results can be transferred back and forth easily would be a nice feature...
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
engr

Post by engr »

It looks like you are using bootstrap, its been a while since i've used PHP but if you need any help get it onto github!

You still have the "Antweight Webring" on http://homepage.ntlworld.com/g0xan/robots/ I made back in the day!
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

Cool, thanks for the offer of help!

Yes it uses Yii which uses Bootstrap. Once I get it in a stable state I'll put it on GitHub. At the moment it's a bit fluid as my ideas develop which would probably just be extremely infuriating for anyone else trying to keep up!

Ah webrings, those were the days! ;) Possibly ought to update that site at some point...
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

AntLog is now on GitHub!

https://github.com/GaryA/antlog

I've just realised that the very important thing that's missing so far is the database schema. Without it you won't get very far...

[Edit] I've now uploaded the database schema. Instructions are still sparse so anyone not used to setting up webservers and mySql databases might be better off waiting for full instructions.
Gary, Team BeligerAnt