Brighton Modelworld 2010 - 12-14 February

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

BeligerAnt

Brighton Modelworld 2010 - 12-14 February

Post by BeligerAnt »

It's time to apply for Modelworld again, so I need to have an idea of who will be able to come, travelling distances and accomodation needs (if you're coming for more than one day).

We usually do OK for help on the Saturday, but PLEASE if anyone can do Friday and/or Sunday it would really help.

Please post below if you can help, you need reliable working robots for demonstrations and to let visitors drive, and a willingness to "spread the word"!

Please post:
Number of people
Day(s) you can help
Travelling distance (if by car) or transport costs (if by public transport)
Nights accomodation needed

Modelworld usually pay around ?30 towards accomodation, but you have to organise it yourself and pay the difference!
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

I could do Sunday this year if it's helpful
People: 2
Days: Sat OR Sun
Distance: 160 miles return
Accom: none

Let me know which day you need me for.

Simon
muchalucha

Post by muchalucha »

my grandparents always go to brighton model world and ive been meaning to come for with my ant for ages . ill probably just pop in and say hi :).
Fight or flight ... ?

...suicide
olivers

Post by olivers »

I'll be there with R2 and can help out on the Fri and Sat.

Will be bringing a helper too for R2, is a bit much for 1 person.

edit: Simon, which hotel did you stay at in the town centre and how much was the parking for it?
muchalucha

Post by muchalucha »

feel free to say no , but as i live a couple of miles away i wouldnt mind coming to help for a day , my grandpa is mad into steam engines and has exhibited there and ive come along , so i know the general jist of things. my 1 mm hdpe is arriving this weekend so hopefully my new ant should be done by then.
Fight or flight ... ?

...suicide
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

Hi Oliver,

I think it was the Best Western Hotel, but I wouldn't recommend it. I'm not sure that there is a decent but cheap hotel in Brighton, as you know I drive these days. I think that parking was free, but it was all used up, you can park at a meter on the other side of the road.

Simon
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

Josh and family stayed at the Palm Court Guest House on Hove seafront a couple of years ago. It has parking available on the street (I think it's still free round there). AFAIK they had no complaints.

Hotels in the city centre will almost certainly be noisy and parking will be impossible. Hotels/guest houses outside the centre will be quieter and parking may be easier (check first!) but you have to travel a bit each day. If you stay in Hove it's worth considering taking the bus to/from the venue as parking is very expensive!

@muchalucha: Sorry, we really need experienced antweight builders who have been to several recent events and are fully up-to-date on the current antweight scene. Also, as I am responsible for the stand, I really need to know everyone fairly well to be happy with my responsibilities. Hope you understand. We would still be delighted to see you as a visitor of course!
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
muchalucha

Post by muchalucha »

ok ill be along as a visiot then , could i bring my ant and have a run around the arena though? :)
Fight or flight ... ?

...suicide
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

I can do the Saturday as usual.
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

A plea for help:

The Modelworld stand is all confirmed, all we need is enough people and robots to run it!

If you haven't already indicated above, and are able to help out on one or more days, please post below!

This is an exhibition demonstration rather than a competition, the aim being to spread the word and hopefully get some new people interested.
Gary, Team BeligerAnt