Reading Robot Club 19 at Robots Live 24-25 Oct 2009

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

I'm coming to this event

Yes I'm coming
88%
No I'm NOT coming
13%

Total votes: 16

Team Orr

Post by Team Orr »

@ will: yes i wnt them was it ?10 we agreed on? oh and any joy with that fill valve?

we ill be Going both days :)
"if it wasn't for Edison we'd be watching TV by candlelight"
Jack Orr
Team Orr Robotics
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

Hey guys

Since we're now all going on Sunday, would it be plausible to have the whole RRC on the Sunday ? It prevents people like Jack E who are only there on the Sunday to compete in all 4 events.

Just a thought, thats all.
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

The problem with that Dave is what are the people who are going on the Saturday going to do and I doubt we could get all the events run in time.
Any way not long to go now the arena is filled and painted all the charts and certificates printed and have made a start on the battery charging.
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

Well thats fair enough. How are the events to be set out (IE what events on what days ?
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

Thats a good question I think we will have to play that by ear when we know the exact format and if we can run continuously or only when the bigger robots aren't running.
Nathan Windisch

Post by Nathan Windisch »

[deleted]
Last edited by Nathan Windisch on Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
joey_picus

Post by joey_picus »

I'll be taking my spinners, destruction of the cans with those could take anything up to several years though :P

Really looking forward to this now, the robots are coming along nicely and I think this is the event where I can start actually winning fights and doing well as opposed to driving around looking pretty. :)
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

From past experience, we'll be able to run continuously from 3pm if we like, but it may be more fun to take a break when the big robots are battling (only about 25% of the time).

I'm sure they'll want one headline fight on Saturday and two on Sunday, and we'll have to keep an ear out for when that is. I'll have a video feed from our table to the big screen so hopefully some of our fights will be displayed there.

Simon
teamocean

Post by teamocean »

Jack, did you get my PM.
Will Thomas
Team Shock
www.shockbots.co.uk
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

I presume we will actually be starting the events the same time as the show does, not 3 hours before ? Its just that I'll probably be busy with the arena setting up, plus some people may not be there for 3, IE Joey has a long way to travel.