the second richmond fighting robot club!!!

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

joey_picus

Post by joey_picus »

Best of luck everyone, hope tomorrow's a good one :)

Jigsaw isn't exactly working atm, it seems to be picking up a signal but the motors aren't responding at all...I'll bring the bits down to the event and see what can be done on the day. At least LYT is up and working :P
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
Team Orr

Post by Team Orr »

well, uv all probably set off, but for those lazy lumps who remain XD good luck for today, its gunna be good :D

im looking 4ward to it greatly....and have up all night doing certificates XD

all the robots wrking?

hope everyone has a GREAT time!

if ya need anything give me a call :)

jack
"if it wasn't for Edison we'd be watching TV by candlelight"
Jack Orr
Team Orr Robotics
James

Post by James »

we?ve not left yet, we would have go there by now if we left at 6 :-? should be a good day :) see everyone there
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

Thanks to all of Team Orr for another fun day.

Congrats to Andy for winning almost everything worth winning! Hope you have a trophy cabinet in your new home ?up north? :wink:

Nice to see some new faces (and robots) and some good fights.

Lots of rebuilding to be done before Reading...
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
joey_picus

Post by joey_picus »

Many thanks to the Orrs for a great event, I enjoyed myself more than I've ever done probably, despite being not that good :P

Well done Andy - a phrase which I think I may become intimately familiar with - and also to Jack and Dan and Peter and James and everyone else who gave him a good run for his money, especial thanks go to James for making me rebuild LYT better and stronger...I'll get Antipathy back someday, prepare to be aggressively nudged...

Was good to see everyone again, especially those who I'd not met before :)
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

I would also like to add my thanks to team Orr it was a great day.
Also to all the other roboteers for some for some really good fights which although very competitive were always carried out in a good friendly atmosphere.
I think I took more damage yesterday than any other time so lots to do before Reading as Gary said but that is half the excitment not knowing if your robot will get wrecked or not.
Team Orr

Post by Team Orr »

hey guys just want to thank you for a great day! we couldnt have done it without you!!!

thanks to:
.james amd gary, for all their work on the draw etc

.joey, for helping me fix valliant after that hit from mutant, turns out valliant had a common case of "i-have-been-wrecked-by-pete-wallers-spinners-erites" and the RX was bashed...however, it turns out he just nocked the crystel out a milimeter or so XD so i it juddered a bit, but i had no controll :(

.dan and chris (and tom), for being so helpfull in taking mythras after the event (however it is still part of team orr! dont worry guys :) )

. jack evans, for doing so much to help get krazy train working, and random spinning of the wheels is good anough for me XD

.matt hunt, for letting me have a (totaly awsome) drive of hunter, i dont think that bin will ever be the same....

.as always, mr pete waller, who put on a great show with all of his robots, and was extreamily kind in letting me (and others) drive his robots :)

. andy hibbard, who, as always, won the combat events with his spectacular flipping skills, and has given me so much help on building my own pneumatic system :)

and everybody else for turning up, and making it a truely special day...roll on reading and the A.W.S!

team orr
"if it wasn't for Edison we'd be watching TV by candlelight"
Jack Orr
Team Orr Robotics
James

Post by James »

thanks team orr for another great event.

there were some really close fights

I think me and andy set a record for the most times that same 2 robots fought eachother, antlifter and anticide fought 4 times.

Antipathy did well for its first attempt, I managed to beat joey and somehow break one of Pete W's robots :O but kwijibo damaged antipathy so I got my share of the damage :( and need to rebuild it before the AWS

it was nice to see some new robots and new people getting into ants :)

well done andy for winning almost everything.

James
Team Terror

Post by Team Terror »

Thanks to Team Orr for a great event :D

Thanks to Andy for a very nice set of wheels :D

And a special thanks to Pete Waller for helping me out and letting me drive his robots :D
Jack Evans
Captain
Team Terror
Andrew_Hibberd

Post by Andrew_Hibberd »

Thanks team Orr was really good fun, well worth the long drive. I have so much to fix before Reading.
TEAM GEEK!