South West Model Eng Expo - 18/19 April 2009 [Possible?]

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

BeligerAnt

South West Model Eng Expo - 18/19 April 2009 [Possible?]

Post by BeligerAnt »

Whilst at Modelworld we were invited to attend the

South West Model Engineering, Model Making and Hobbies Exhibition
Royal Bath & West Showground
Shepton Mallet (nr Bath)

18-19 April 2009, 10:00 - 5:00 Saturday, 10:00 - 4:30 Sunday

http://www.swmee.co.uk

The flyer claims it is the "UK's biggest Model Engineering, Model Making and Hobbies Exhibition". They claim over 6000 visitors last year (their first year) and hope for 8000 this year. The flyer promises "Huge outdoor flying display, Model Engineering Displays, Railway layouts, Boats and Hovercraft on the lake, Locomotive Displays and Rides, Fairground, Military Displays, Figures, Car Racing, Tabletop wargaming and much more..."

There is apparantly free camping available (for the (fool)hardy :) ) I didn't find out whether they offer expenses - I'd assume not.

So far this is all the info I have, I didn't commit to attending, and said we might make next year as this year is a bit short notice. However, this show sounds like a good "fit" for us with quite a lot of other R/C displays.

So is anyone willing and able to attend? We would need several people to commit to all weekend (including Friday afternoon/evening to set up I guess). Post below...
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

We could make Saturday, and arrive on Friday at about 8:30pm - probably too late to set up.

Simon
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

I'm guessing that this isn't going to happen now

Simon :(