richmond fighting robot club (28th March 2009)

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Team Orr

richmond fighting robot club (28th March 2009)

Post by Team Orr »

hi guys

me and my dad came up with the idea of a robot event in richmond (where im from)

it would have football, assault course, sumo, non spinner and spinners

the place we are thinking of holding it in has parking outside (free!) a field for the kids to play in (if they want ) a kitchen ( i smell my mums sausage sarnies) and the hall is a reasonable size

we were thinking of holding the 1st in February or march and the 2nd in november or december

so, what do you guys think good idea or bad idea

jack

[Edited by PeteC to include date in title]
"if it wasn't for Edison we'd be watching TV by candlelight"
Jack Orr
Team Orr Robotics
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

The more events that are reasonable local the better as far as I am concerned. You will need to avoid the Brighton Model Show 13-15 Feb by at least a couple of weeks as demonstrating at shows tends to break quite a few robots and people need to get them fixed.
nate200789

Post by nate200789 »

That would be great to have another event to go to! The more the better!By the way the debut of my new robot "ANTagonize" (currently under construction) will be at the next reading robot club.
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

Great idea, give us some dates, and we'll be there if we possibly can.

Simon
Team Orr

Post by Team Orr »

hi guys

ok simon i will nearer the time

i would need a little bit of help on the areana front but i can make the assault course and the sumo

when is aws 28 ? i will try to avoid it by a few weeks

jack
"if it wasn't for Edison we'd be watching TV by candlelight"
Jack Orr
Team Orr Robotics
Craig_Anto3

Post by Craig_Anto3 »

AWS for early next year hasn't been desided yet, I've offered and i'm thinking the first weekend in March but its up the AWS committee if it still exists
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

Thanks Craig, I believe you're referring to this thread... Give us a date Craig, and as long as it doesn't conflict with something else then the answer will almost certainly be yes. I know you're heavily involved in your Rebel Robots event, so perhaps we can discuss it after that.

the committee still very much exists, because there are only about 10 active antweight teams at the moment, it seems to be easier to just let anyone onto the committee who wants to be on it.

See you soon anyway, and (in my opinion) the more forward dates we have the better. There's no need to wait for the next AWS before we can decide on the date of the one after that.

Simon
Craig_Anto3

Post by Craig_Anto3 »

I was thinking the 7th March 2009, Burntwood Institue Centre, Burntwood , Staffordshire.
I've got an arena before anyone offers, and its 30in by 30in before anyone asks, I plan to run the AWS in the afternoon along with some demonstrations technical talks and workshops for the public.

Day for us should start around 10am with the pre AWS spinner friendly tournement, with the public coming in around 12pm.
Public will be kept seperate from the Pits, so fear of public interferance.

Public will be paying to come in I wont hide that fact from you, I am going to be trying to make some money out of this event.
Anybody who has anything to sell, ie from Pants kits to CNC parts to infamous sausage sandwiches are welcome to do so by application (sounds posh but just means i'll get u a table so therefore i need to know how many tables for trading i would need) I wont be charging anyone to come and sell or taking any commission so any money u make is all yours.

Sumo bots and alike can also be catered for if there are applications for them, its a big hall so plenty of room for those to run aswell.
Also I am planning a challenge robot competition, where you will need something new (without a weapon) to attempt a series of challenges along an assult course ie, Gauntlet series 1-2 but thats got to be desided.

The nearest airport is East Midlands airport about 45 mins away.
Hotels in the local area are sparse but there are some around.

How does that sound?
Team Orr

Post by Team Orr »

sounds good craig

now we know when aws 28 is i think r.f.r.c will be in late march (hope this will give you a chance to repair your ants )

any other ideas are always welcome!

jack
Team Orr

Post by Team Orr »

ok, i have asked a couple of people (my family and my robot club) and some would like different events

so im' going to ask you to to vote here (just post your ideas) about what events you would like

here are the choices

Football
Sumo
Assault course
super-ants-comp (spinners aloud)
Speedway
Non-spinners
Spinners
Fleaweights
Tag Team
Mega-melee

only 6 events are aloud due to time issues