AWS 17

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Adam Hargreaves

Post by Adam Hargreaves »

same here. Either
Team 'In Theory'
Andrew_Hibberd

Post by Andrew_Hibberd »

I could make both, but it would be easier on the 16th. I would have to avoid my own birthday on the 23rd :cry:
TEAM GEEK!
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

Pete
The 16th is fine with us. James will be at Scout Camp on the 23rd, so no good.

BTW if anyone wants to come to our school fete on the 2nd July, please email me for more details. This year we are very close to the beer tent! 8)
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
Craig_Anto3

Post by Craig_Anto3 »

f**k that Petesey babes everyone no-ones i'm the ozzy f**king osborne of antweights without the wierd family well erm well ok some wierd family, but i dont sing that well, hmmm neither does Ozzy......... not making my case very well am i?

f**k that wheres my f**king beer SHARON!!!!

dear me
Adam Hargreaves

lol @ Craig. I really hope I can sort trains out. Really looking forward to attending something :D
Team 'In Theory'
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

I can make any of the dates suggested.
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

Adam, we'll sort trains out. I'll be looking into it soon anyway, cause I need to get a rail card, so whoever finds out first let the other no. lol.
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
Adam Hargreaves

what sort of time do these things start? gonna be a four hour trip for us Hull people...
Team 'In Theory'
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

By the very nature of an "international" competition, many people have a long way to travel, so we try not to start too early.
Usual format is to turn up around 11:00am, have a non-spinner warm-up competition of some sort underway by about 12:00, then the main AWS usually kicks off after lunch, around 2:00pm.
Most AWS competitions finish around 4:00 with trophy and awards presentations, then there's usually time for some football/melees/etc until 5:00 which is the usual finishing time.

So you don't need to arrive until 2:00 but it's better if you can arrive earlier. Similarly you can leave around 4:00 if you have a train to catch (or perhaps earlier if you get knocked out first round :cry: - only kidding!) and I'm sure you will be able to get a lift to the station from someone.

According to National Rail Enquiries, you can get to Burgess Hill for 11:01 if you leave Hull at 06:07. :o
More sensibly, 08:24 would still get you to BH by 13:01. There are other options.
Trains home appear to be every hour, about 4-4.5 hours journey time, leaving BH at 51 mins past the hour.

Here's the link:
http://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk/planmyjou ... 0055222283
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

Cheers for that! lol. I dont mind leaving at 6:07, I'd like to make the warm up...see what Adam thinks though. Either way, we'll be there!
Are we actually set for the 16th now then?
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39