University of Greenwich Open day - Saturday July 1st

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: petec, administrator, BeligerAnt

Occashokka

Re: University of Greenwich Open day - Saturday July 1st

Postby Occashokka » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:34 am

You can bring is many spares as you can make basically but ive been where my only tools and spares have been big scissors screwdrivers polycarb and tape.
There is usually an online registration that will be linked when everything is finalised
Last edited by Occashokka on Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Team Badger
Has a 3d printer now yay
-£4.82+VAT (intact)
-cool modulated printed thingy
-not yet built nasty mean spinnt thingy

I'm gonna build something huge and stupid, try and stop me :P

peterwaller

Postby peterwaller » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:43 pm

I would be happy to use Andrew's arena as he is closer, though I would probably bring mine anyway but leave it in the car as a spare, in case of any unforeseen problems.
I think it is something to do with my age I tend to worry that a whole event could have to be abandoned just because the person bringing the arena broke down or worse. :roll:

Puddle

Postby Puddle » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:39 pm

Ok thanks Occa
Harry

Garfie489

Postby Garfie489 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:55 pm

Just thought to give an update as to whats currently going on.

The University naturally has several departments which all need to co-ordinate together for open days like this and unfortunately not all of them are finalised atm.

What this means is the exact location within the University is still unknown, and thus i cant do any of the requirements to get the competition finalised (Risk assessments, ect).

Thus atm the event is not formally confirmed, though the upper management remains highly interested. Im also forwarding them onto Shakey to discuss how the tournament will hopefully work, as in terms of structure and requirements ect (effectively the Uni wants a single point of contact as they dont know much about these events) - however ill stress the format will be in the hands of this community.

Thus atm we are still getting there, but not getting anywhere at all atm - just dont want to leave people in the dark and hopefully soon everything will be rubber stamped and i can actually open sign-ups.

Return to “Events”