restarting the robot life

Something to tickle your fancy.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

suvv

restarting the robot life

Post by suvv »

hi all
i joined this site a few years ago with the intention of building to compete but ironical i got made redundant so it kinda dropped dead and after being away from everything radio controlled i have a few questions as to changes to rules etc :

1. is their a link to the rules for fether weights somewhere as the links i have found are all pritty dead
2. have there been any majour rule changes ie.must have active weapon ,power limits etc as i havent looked at anything in a few years
3. i keep seeing mentions for spektum transmitters im guessing they are now the bees knees in robot building so any advice would be helpful the one that caught my eye is this http://www.marionvillemodels.com/rc-sho ... 6600E.html mainly cause i can afford it but its got lots of new fetures that i ahve never seen before so im doing the sensible thing and asking people who know more

thanks all
how hard can it be???
Robots: Optimistic chances of self decimation (ant), Super generic box ant that everyone builds yehhh (ant)
Shakey

Re: restarting the robot life

Post by Shakey »

The rules for featherwieights:
http://www.fightingrobots.co.uk/content ... d-safety_1

That forum also contains most the threads/people relating to featherweights and heavyweights, this forum mainly focuses on antweights and fleaweights. So you're better off over there for feather advice.

The DX6i is a very powerful transmitter with features like onboard mixing (Which I always use), and plenty of switches for setting up options on weapons.

There is no limit on active weapons or not at the moment.

Power/Voltage limits and specifically types of batteries used (since many have moved onto the LiPo batteries) have been reviewed and safety precautions updated.
Nuts And Bots - For all your components and ready built antweights!

Alex Shakespeare - Team Shakey / Nuts And Bots / Team Nuts:
AWS 44, 45, 49, 51 & 55 Winner - Far too many robots!
suvv

Re: restarting the robot life

Post by suvv »

much apprecieated thanks :)
how hard can it be???
Robots: Optimistic chances of self decimation (ant), Super generic box ant that everyone builds yehhh (ant)