Banebots wheels

Something to tickle your fancy.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

olivers

Banebots wheels

Post by olivers »

Does anyone have any experience of usnig the Banebots wheels?

I was looking at the 5" orange version but unsure about the hardness/softness of the wheel and how much grip I'll get.

Is for my styrene R5 rather than a feather.
haz

Post by haz »

i asked about this on another forum and some people said they were grippy but they were too soft and wore down quickly/easily
olivers

Post by olivers »

Thanks, will try the hard ones then and see how I get on.
terminaldamage

Post by terminaldamage »

Gary Cairns used the green ones (Shore 30) on his robot Boner at the UK FW champs last weekend and although they offered good grip, they were showing signs of wear by the end of the competition and he's planning on getting ones with a higher Shore value.

By comparison, the blue wheels from Robo Challenge used by many roboteers are (I believe) around the 50-60 shore mark and they offer a good combination of grip and durability.

I was planning on getting some of the orange (Shore 40) Banebots wheels to try out on Drumroll II but they're currently on back-order at Technobots and since I'm pretty bad at waiting for stuff to come back in stock, I'm looking instead at the blue Shore 50 wheels.
Jamie McHarg
RogueTwo Robots
www.rogue-two-robots.vze.com

With great power, comes great reliability.
joey_picus

Post by joey_picus »

I have some of the blue (50 shore) ones, and they do seem quite grippy yet quite hard wearing (although I've yet to try them in a robot if I'm honest).
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"