New feather

Something to tickle your fancy.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

alasdair

Post by alasdair »

I know everyone likes having a chat once in a while but it is a bit off topic dont you think! :D

also I have done a bit of research and found that maybe I should use a solenoid, as dave said I should not go into high pressure pneumatics at my ageas it could be dangerous. (im only 11)

The design i am thinking of is still quite similar, to the battle bot toro, though dave. I am going to set up an experiment to see how far a throw you need to get a good enough throw from an angled lifter.

I am thinking about a solenoid that has a throw of about 2 inches, to three?
teamocean

Post by teamocean »

Hi,

I now have 5 pneumatic flipper robots (4 high pressure and 1 low pressure).

For a first robot high pressure pneumatics are a bit too expensive and dangerous. I started with low pressure systems and once I learned enough about how they worked I moved into Full pressure systems.

For a low pressure pneumatics system you will need the following parts

Ram
Solenoid valve
buffer tank
Pressure Relief Valve
Dump Valve
Regulator
CO2 bottle
And various bits of pipe and some fittings

This will get you a nice little flipper which would turn other robots over nicely but would struggle to get them out of the arena (thats where full pressure is better). Just be aware that even low pressure systems can be dangerous.

Also if you are going to AWS 30 I might be able to bring Shockwave along so that you can have a look inside to get a few ideas.

Here is a video of it being tested http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNoIKyZWL6w

Hope this helps
Will Thomas
Team Shock
www.shockbots.co.uk
alasdair

Post by alasdair »

What do you think of solenoids?
I saw the vid! That is the exact design I was going to build just without the wedge on the front. :D