team hectic fleaweight build diary.

All things small and scratchy.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

AntRoboteer

Re: team hectic fleaweight build diary.

Post by AntRoboteer »

Thanks! I was just wondering, seeing as I know you own (or have owned) one, what is the OrangerRx T-SIX Transmitter like? Is it any good for antweight purposes?

Thanks!
Hogi

Post by Hogi »

i know a couple of people use them still. i did have one for a while for my antweight grabber and they are very easy to program. they deffinitely have a lot of buttons and switched that aren't needed for robots but one switch does allow you to mix on the remote rather than on the robot which is good if your ESC/RX doesn't have mixing on it. my one was alright for a while but then i ended up having problems with it so i wouldn't recommend the orange. if your looking for a decent DSM2 compatable transmitter i would recommend the Eflight LP5DSM. it doesn't have the luxury buttons and switches of the orange but i've got 2 of them currently driving robots in my team and they havn't failed me so far. they're cheap and cheerful, i got one from Ebay for just 20 quid and there are usually a few on there. i still run the orange reciever in the thunder strike as it is compatable with the Eflight transmitter.
Daniel Jackson.

Team Hectic.

Many antweights

Super antweights: territorial.

Fleaweights: fleadom fighter, gaztons.

Featherweights: hectic (under construction)
AntRoboteer

Post by AntRoboteer »

Thanks very much for your help!
Hogi

Post by Hogi »

that's alright, i would've included a link to an LP5DSM transmitter but i'm posting from my nintendo DS and the internet feature on it is pretty basic.
Daniel Jackson.

Team Hectic.

Many antweights

AntRoboteer

Post by AntRoboteer »

My Mum and Dad have been really kind and have offered me a Spektrum DX6 (the 2014 black model) for Cristmas! I really could not refuse!!!! It has all of the features that I need such as channel reversing, mixing, throttle curves etc. For now, I am stuck with my Blade MLP4DSM with a broken throttle stick but it should do me for two events. I have managed to fit a wood screw in as the second stick and all is now working well. I sure am glad I stayed away from the Orange - you really saved me there! Thanks a lot and if I need another basic controller, the LP5DSM looks awesome! Thanks again! :-)
Hogi

Post by Hogi »

i too am now going to make a contribution to the aparent increase in walker popularity that has been occuring of late. :)

i wanted to do an antweight walker but had no space on my team and i've heard that nano walkers are notoriously difficult to construct. i therefore find myself building in the fleaweight catagory.

as everyone has probably already read, i have attempted to put together simple walking and shuffling mechanism several times with no real success whatsoever. here's my latest and wackiest attempt. the body is only about an inch and three quarters wide to allow room for the rather large walking mechanisms so the motors had to take the same configuration as with nuts. it is also quite tall to accomodate the battery. further updates to follow soon.
Attachments
HNI_0076_MPO.JPG
HNI_0076_MPO.JPG (89.97 KiB) Viewed 23207 times
HNI_0075_MPO.JPG
HNI_0075_MPO.JPG (92.7 KiB) Viewed 23207 times
HNI_0074_MPO.JPG
HNI_0074_MPO.JPG (84.04 KiB) Viewed 23207 times
Daniel Jackson.

Team Hectic.

Many antweights

Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

I am enjoying this new creative passion, both from you Dan, and for people constructing walkers. Think I might have a go too.
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
Hogi

Post by Hogi »

thanks Dave. i have been trying to make my team a bit more interesting lately hence the three part ant cluster, the spinner, the flea cluster and now this flea walker. i've added four legs to elevate the robot in all corners. it rests on part of it's body during the recovery phase of the leg movement so it is technically a shufflebot but that still counts! :) i'm going to have to fight zoink with this at some point. :D
i'm also working on adding a catch underneath so that i can have an expanding acetate ramp which would make it that bit more competitive. ( not that it's ever likely to win any fights at all ever. ) if it comes up against a spinner it'll be hillarious!
Daniel Jackson.

Team Hectic.

Many antweights

Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

I know we're really short on time at the AWS but I'd love to see an all walker annihilator. Might take ages though...
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
Rapidrory

Post by Rapidrory »

I think the walking spinners would have a field day :P I'm looking forward to this AWS; hopefully the new wave of spinners/ walkers/ generally creative stuff'll make for some interesting fights.
Rory Mangles - Team Nuts

Robots: Nuts 2 and many more...

NanoTwo Motor Controllers: https://nutsandbots.co.uk/product/nanotwodualesc